VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:10:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A salute to Cpl. Dakota Meyer receiving the Medal of Honor......................  (Read 3596 times)
PanhandleVol
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:58:01 EDT »

No less than five times he put himself in harms way against orders to save the Afghans and recover the bodies of his fellow Marines & Navy Corpsman. And on top of that his recruiter told him he would never make it in the Marine Corps. On top of that he as as humble as they come.   
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:21:01 EDT »

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:49:41 EDT »

God bless this young man.

Everyday we hear about the thugs and how this generation of kids have no respect for human life. But, then again we hear about the Cpl. Meyers of this same generation and they just make us feel so damn safe! There have been a lot of kids "step-up" during the years of this conflict and I'm damn proud of each and every one of them! God bless them all!

G   
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:03 EDT »

No less than five times he put himself in harms way against orders to save the Afghans and recover the bodies of his fellow Marines & Navy Corpsman. And on top of that his recruiter told him he would never make it in the Marine Corps. On top of that he as as humble as they come.   

Awesome man. The recruiter needs to be relieved of his duties.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:32:34 EDT »

I watched as he got his Medal of Honor. What a man! 
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:06 EDT »

Awesome man. The recruiter needs to be relieved of his duties.

Do you not think the recruiter was perhaps using this as a motivator for this young man?  Marine recruiters are geniuses for knowing what motivates young men and women.  Maybe he was using that as a motivator knowing this young man would push through no matter what to prove the recruiter wrong.  I could be wrong, I guess.  But it happens so infrequently, the chanches of that being the case is really low  .

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 05:27:07 EDT »

Do you not think the recruiter was perhaps using this as a motivator for this young man?  Marine recruiters are geniuses for knowing what motivates young men and women.  Maybe he was using that as a motivator knowing this young man would push through no matter what to prove the recruiter wrong.  I could be wrong, I guess.  But it happens so infrequently, the chanches of that being the case is really low  .

I hope that's the case...I would imagine they would want to get anyone they could. I've often heard that recruiters are the low men/women on the totem pole. I have no clue.  Anyways, we have a true hero to celebrate.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 05:37:07 EDT »

Congrats to Cpl Dakota Meyer! He's got unbelivable courage putting His life on the line to save others like that.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: