VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 06:44:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally beat the first Assassin's Creed  (Read 7635 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:06:44 EDT »

I didn't buy it until I beat ACII and Brotherhood. I agree with everyone who says it wasn't as good as II, but I thought the story was good and the gameplay was decent. The biggest problem with it is how long it is. The assassination cutscenes and the initial travel lengths are excruciating. You can tell they really worked to improve it all around for II.

Nevertheless, I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I'm glad I played the first one all the way through.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:09:06 EDT »

I am playing my way through The Hobbit on PS2.  Got it for $3 at Gamestop.  Can't go wrong for that price!   

I plan to get another console system eventually, but I am playing a few old PS2 games I never finished first.  Not in any hurry, might never get there.  Console games are not a big priority for me.  I do want to try a few of the newer games on the new systems though, at some point.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:57:13 EDT »

We are entering a HUGE fall for gamers... Battlefield 3 comes out in late October, then Modern Warfare 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 come out in November.

I don't think I will be buying anything until Assassin's Creed. I actually have MW3 and AC3 reserved, but that's probably too much video game for me at once. I think I will probably replay AC2 and Brotherhood again to get ready for AC3. The AC franchise has exceeded Halo as my favorite of all time. I can't wait to see what they have in store for AC3.

I am playing my way through The Hobbit on PS2.  Got it for $3 at Gamestop.  Can't go wrong for that price!   

I plan to get another console system eventually, but I am playing a few old PS2 games I never finished first.  Not in any hurry, might never get there.  Console games are not a big priority for me.  I do want to try a few of the newer games on the new systems though, at some point.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 03:07:55 EDT »

We are entering a HUGE fall for gamers... Battlefield 3 comes out in late October, then Modern Warfare 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 come out in November.

I don't think I will be buying anything until Assassin's Creed. I actually have MW3 and AC3 reserved, but that's probably too much video game for me at once. I think I will probably replay AC2 and Brotherhood again to get ready for AC3. The AC franchise has exceeded Halo as my favorite of all time. I can't wait to see what they have in store for AC3.

My plan is BF3 for the PC on release.  Then AC3 and Uncharted 3 for the PS3 at Christmas.

I'm actually in the process of ordering components for a new gaming pc as we speak in preparation for BF3.  That's the crazy thing about PC gaming... the cost of the hardware.  Granted, the PC I'm building is overkill somewhat, but I don't do this often so I'm going to treat myself.

Also, the graphics card I'm getting comes with a free copy of Batman: Arkham City.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 03:18:32 EDT »

I have 4 games on reserve, and 3 of them come out in consecutive weeks:  Forza 4, Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City are all out in October, and then AC Revelations in November.  And I'm hearing really good things about Elder Scrolls V, so I'm thinking about getting it too.  And then the new Bioshock comes out early next year, I'll be getting it for sure. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:28:21 EDT »

I didn't buy it until I beat ACII and Brotherhood. I agree with everyone who says it wasn't as good as II, but I thought the story was good and the gameplay was decent. The biggest problem with it is how long it is. The assassination cutscenes and the initial travel lengths are excruciating. You can tell they really worked to improve it all around for II.

Nevertheless, I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I'm glad I played the first one all the way through.

What I hated was the repetitiveness of it.  Every mission was the same until you got to the actual assassination.  And the options for staying hidden were extremely limited compared to the sequels- once the guards were alerted to your presence, you basically had no other option than to walk at a snail's pace all the way back to your base to finish the mission.  I HATED that. 

I'll say one thing for it, though: the climbing was the best of the three games so far.  The viewpoint at the top of the cathedral in Acre literally took my breath away when I jumped to the bottom.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:40:09 EDT »

I have 4 games on reserve, and 3 of them come out in consecutive weeks:  Forza 4, Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City are all out in October, and then AC Revelations in November.  And I'm hearing really good things about Elder Scrolls V, so I'm thinking about getting it too.  And then the new Bioshock comes out early next year, I'll be getting it for sure. 

Oh, and Mass Effect 3 is out 1Q 2012 too.  Between now and March could be the biggest 6 months ever in gaming.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:06:34 EDT »

What I hated was the repetitiveness of it.  Every mission was the same until you got to the actual assassination.  And the options for staying hidden were extremely limited compared to the sequels- once the guards were alerted to your presence, you basically had no other option than to walk at a snail's pace all the way back to your base to finish the mission.  I HATED that. 

I'll say one thing for it, though: the climbing was the best of the three games so far.  The viewpoint at the top of the cathedral in Acre literally took my breath away when I jumped to the bottom.

That's true on the repetitiveness. I actually refused to "blend" and walk slowly... I would take my chances sprinting rooftops and hiding when I could, except when I had to stay hidden which wasn't that often.

I think the lack of air and ledge assassinations plus the inability to swim was frustrating. Plus I liked fighting with the hidden blade in the sequels and you could only use that in stealth in the original. One of my buddies talked about fighting with the sword in the sequel and I always thought "Why do that if you have two blades?" but now I get it ... it's because he's used to it from the first one.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:16 EDT »

I didn't realize you were having trouble with it. I would have had my 9 year old little girl give you a call and give you some pointers.

I keed! I keed!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 02:07:30 EDT »

You guys are all video game nerds. I can't believe I associate with you.

<-------- Can't wait for AC Revelations 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 02:15:18 EDT »

I didn't realize you were having trouble with it. I would have had my 9 year old little girl give you a call and give you some pointers.

I keed! I keed!

LOL! Where did I say I was having trouble with it? 

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 07:15:07 EDT »

LOL! Where did I say I was having trouble with it? 

Maybe I read too much into "Finally". I doubt it, though.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 07:28:14 EDT »

Lol, or as in "I, Stogie, was finally able to get a kill on Vinnie in BF3... When he was afk."
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 07:40:23 EDT »

Lol, or as in "I, Stogie, was finally able to get a kill on Vinnie in BF3... When he was afk."

zzzzzzz
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:24 EDT »

Maybe I read too much into "Finally". I doubt it, though.

Pretty sure you read the subject line and then skipped the first line of the post... I've only had the game a few months and played it sparingly until the last 3 weeks. By "finally" I meant "way after it came out".

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 08:07:59 EDT »

Pretty sure you read the subject line and then skipped the first line of the post... I've only had the game a few months and played it sparingly until the last 3 weeks. By "finally" I meant "way after it came out".

I conveniently ignored that information.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 08:12:52 EDT »

I conveniently ignored that information.

Luckily I like you, I have killed men for less.

On AC-B multiplayer, I mean.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 08:59:01 EDT »

Luckily I like you, I have killed men for less.

On AC-B multiplayer, I mean.

For less? Like being AFK?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 09:04:21 EDT »

For less? Like being AFK?

Unless you count the little chat pad, 360s don't have keyboards. I guess it would be AFController.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 09:09:13 EDT »

Unless you count the little chat pad, 360s don't have keyboards. I guess it would be AFController.

touche'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: