VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 01:50:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching advantage : UT  (Read 3315 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 08:10:44 EDT »

I really feel we finally have the coaching advantage in this game. I haven't felt that in a long time...
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:12:00 EDT »

I really feel we finally have the coaching advantage in this game. I haven't felt that in a long time...

I don't think either team can claim an advantage one way or the other. Muschamp is an unknown but the two coordinators for Florida are proven guys. We feel good about the way things are going but truthfully the jury is still out on Dooley.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:13:30 EDT »

I don't think either team can claim an advantage one way or the other. Muschamp is an unknown but the two coordinators for Florida are proven guys. We feel good about the way things are going but truthfully the jury is still out on Dooley.

I know, just stating that I feel we have a better coaching staff. I haven't felt that in forever. He's done a great job on and off the field so far IMO. We will see I guess..

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:03 EDT »

I know, just stating that I feel we have a better coaching staff. I haven't felt that in forever. We will see I guess..

I see.

I think I'm more of the mindset that it's been a long time where I didn't feel like our coaches where a hindrance. One thing is for sure... Chaney is top notch in my book. I love Dooley, I just think the jury is still out.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:57:15 EDT »

The jury IS still out on Dooley, but I can't imagine a level-headed person being disappointed with the progress he's made thus far given the condition of the program he inherited (I'm not saying anyone is disappointed).

At this point, I would be surprised if he failed to bring us back amongst the powerhouses of the SEC which, by definition, would mean national powerhouses as well. The course he has set looks good to me.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:03:28 EDT »

The jury IS still out on Dooley, but I can't imagine a level-headed person being disappointed with the progress he's made thus far given the condition of the program he inherited (I'm not saying anyone is disappointed).

At this point, I would be surprised if he failed to bring us back amongst the powerhouses of the SEC which, by definition, would mean national powerhouses as well. The course he has set looks good to me.

Agree. I love Dooley and think he's got a great course charted. This is just my way of not being too invested.

10EC
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:04:35 EDT »

Agree. I love Dooley and think he's got a great course charted. This is just my way of not being too invested.

I call BS.  You are invested up to your eyeballs.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:08:37 EDT »

I call BS.  You are invested up to your eyeballs.   

I'm always invested in UT and really can't not be.

Dooley on the other hand... I'm still in "love the guy, want him to succeed, not sure if he will" mode until he shows me and I need more than wins over Cincinnati and Ole Miss to prove it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: