VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:44:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Dean  (Read 3737 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2011, 01:38:26 EDT »

Got the cancer excised today.  They took about a 1 inch diameter section from his cheek...left the wound open until pathology report is returned -- should close it up in a week or remove more if necessary.   He's doing good but the face is still numb....later tonight I'm sure he'll be hurting.   

TheRealOrange
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 02:07:04 EDT »

We'll keep the thoughts and prayers going!
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:49:34 EDT »

Prayers from Virginny!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 05:14:24 EDT »

Praying!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 07:22:36 EDT »

Praying for things to continue to go well!
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 07:42:31 EDT »

I am undergoing chemo for bowel cancer. This man has my best wishes and empathy
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:41:26 EDT »

(Well, you hang in there, too! We have a pretty dang good prayer machine over here and you should have let us know earlier and we'd have been packing them in for you.)

Granny, you know everyone that Dean runs into is gonna think you wounded him! Has he come up with a good story or does he need some help from the VTTWers?

I'm betting they got it all and he'll be just fine. The practice of medicine has come so far since we were kids. How does he appear to be handling it mentally? We all know we're not quite as good looking as we once were, but I would imagine having a pretty good chunk cut out of your face would be a bit worrisome. However, if I could pick the spot it might work out well.

Ya'll are still in our prayers. Keep us posted.

G
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 02:26:06 EDT »

Dean is a tough guy, and he has the perfect nurse at home. Tell him we are still sending up prayers. 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 02:28:05 EDT »

I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well -- I know how scary this has been for us.   

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 02:31:41 EDT »

(Well, you hang in there, too! We have a pretty dang good prayer machine over here and you should have let us know earlier and we'd have been packing them in for you.)

Granny, you know everyone that Dean runs into is gonna think you wounded him! Has he come up with a good story or does he need some help from the VTTWers?

I'm betting they got it all and he'll be just fine. The practice of medicine has come so far since we were kids. How does he appear to be handling it mentally? We all know we're not quite as good looking as we once were, but I would imagine having a pretty good chunk cut out of your face would be a bit worrisome. However, if I could pick the spot it might work out well.

Ya'll are still in our prayers. Keep us posted.

G

I'm hanging on to the fact that I KNOW they got it all on this trip and it hasn't spread.   The pathology report this week will tell us a lot.     As for his face, he'll never "admit" I did it!  HA!   I've got a good plastic surgeon for him if the scar is too bad, but since a plastics guys is sewing him up, I expect them to do a good job!   He is better than me mentally, I think, but he doesn't say much -- just like a man.  He's feeling rough this morning, took a pain pill and went back to sleep....I'll be pampering him for the next few days for sure!  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: