VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 02:35:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two times Bray has been tackled well after the play was blown dead  (Read 2803 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:44:06 EDT »

The second one wasn't too flagrant. But the first one was. Is or isn't it a point of emphasis these days to protect the QB? No excuse for no flag on at least the first one. Again, I guess acting like a crybaby at halftime works in your favor.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 01:03:01 EDT »

I agree, sitting here going nuts both time!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:40:42 EDT »

The second one wasn't too flagrant. But the first one was. Is or isn't it a point of emphasis these days to protect the QB? No excuse for no flag on at least the first one. Again, I guess acting like a crybaby at halftime works in your favor.
The first one the ref was too busy blowing his whistle to like do his job.  Hell, everybody stopped except the gator play.  Prbably some stupid rull like the facemask on Berry in the KY game OT a few years ago - the play is blown dead so therefore you can literally kill the QB with no penalty?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JGATOR
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:26:31 EDT »

Hell, everybody stopped except the gator play. 

Not true. Your left tackle was still trying to block. I've been down on field for a Florida-Tenn game (Alex Brown and Tee Marting). It gets real loud. Not surprising a whistle couldn't be heard by a few guys, especially in the trenches.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:04:52 EDT »

Bray was clearly standing straight up and down with his arms at his sides...standing still. I think that is obvious enough for a d lineman to pull up.
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:58:42 EDT »

Not hearing the whistle is absolutely no excuse.  Heck, I could train our DL's to never hear a whistle and kill the QB even when he's going back to the huddle.  Those were no call PF's given to the gators.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: