VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:46:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The officials haven't been the problem today.  (Read 7632 times)
101stDad
« on: September 18, 2011, 12:57:22 EDT »

Missed tackles have been the issue.  Our guys want to go for the kill shot instead of wrapping up and getting the ball carrier on the ground. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 01:01:48 EDT »

Missed tackles have been the issue.  Our guys want to go for the kill shot instead of wrapping up and getting the ball carrier on the ground. 

Yep. I've seen that numerous times. Just make the tackle.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:03:21 EDT »

Yep. I've seen that numerous times. Just make the tackle.

Auburn and UT must own the same 'College Football Defense for Dummies' book.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 01:31:22 EDT »

Agree... blaming the refs is weak.   
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 01:34:28 EDT »

Agree... blaming the refs is weak.   

Sure don't blame the refs today...we just sucked big time....I'm amazed we kept it as close as we did.  Without a running game, there won't be many more w ins this year

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 01:39:42 EDT »

They showed me this team will compete this year!  They could have layed down after hunter went down or florida went up big in the second half but they didn't.  If we had Hunter, it would have been a different game.  The Florida DB's could not cover without interfering and with Hunter it would have been worse.
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 01:57:24 EDT »

They showed me this team will compete this year!  They could have layed down after hunter went down or florida went up big in the second half but they didn't.  If we had Hunter, it would have been a different game.  The Florida DB's could not cover without interfering and with Hunter it would have been worse.
Strangely, I agree. Hunter would have made this a different game. But that is football. Injuries are part of the game.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 02:19:53 EDT »

But that is football. Injuries are part of the game.

Exactly, any player can get hurt on any given play.  It's up to the coaches to put the team in a position to not miss a beat.

Our entire team, coaches and staff.. I believe were just so amped for this game and there was so much hype surrounding Bray/Hunter/Rogers that it was just a shellshocker when Hunter went down.  That plus the pressure of playing in the Swamp was just too much for this young team.  We're not there yet, but we'll get there... and I think Dooley will be the one to get us there.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 02:42:55 EDT »

Exactly, any player can get hurt on any given play.  It's up to the coaches to put the team in a position to not miss a beat.

Our entire team, coaches and staff.. I believe were just so amped for this game and there was so much hype surrounding Bray/Hunter/Rogers that it was just a shellshocker when Hunter went down.  That plus the pressure of playing in the Swamp was just too much for this young team.  We're not there yet, but we'll get there... and I think Dooley will be the one to get us there.

This I agree with....we'll get there...we all knew going into this season that it would be another year at least before we really start competing in the SEC....we just had high hopes that maybe we could compete with UF this year.  It wasn't to be yet.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 02:58:31 EDT »

Who is blaming refs?  I agree we fought hard to the end.  There is plenty to build on.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 03:31:51 EDT »

I don't think anyone blamed the refs. Definitely didn't see any posts here blaming the refs.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 03:57:42 EDT »

But what i said is true... Blaming the refs is weak. :-P
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 04:02:17 EDT »

But what i said is true... Blaming the refs is weak. :-P

Well, yeah, if it happened, I reckon it is. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 05:35:57 EDT »

The refs flat sucked for both teams today.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: