VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 05:06:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The good  (Read 1563 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: September 18, 2011, 03:41:00 EDT »

We all know the bad: once again, a Tennessee team that is fairly even with a Florida team completely wilts in the face of the Gators. Same ol' song and dance that we lived a dozen times during the Fulmer era. A complete lack of a running game. Very poor tackling as the defense started to tire late in the game.

But I think there were some good things to take away from today. All things considered, Bray didn't have a bad game today. And he showed that he isn't afraid to take a hit. He stood in and completed some passes knowing he was about to be hammered. Arnett began to emerge today. If he can become that third guy to go to through the air, this passing game can be very lethal on down the road. It would've been easy for this team to have folded; many fans were ready to throw in the towel by the midway point of the second quarter (I know I was). They kept fighting to the end. The missed tackling aside, the defense played well for the most part. Our DL is playing well; they're just not getting a lot of help from the linebackers.

To be honest, Florida looked a little better than I expected. All three teams we play from the West will be as good or better as Florida, but this may have been our toughest opponent from the East. This team has a long way to go, but the bottom line is they went to The Swamp, fell behind 30-7, then battled back to within 14 late. We haven't had a team that could've done that for several years.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:00:12 EDT »

Good stuff, BOM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: