VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:26:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game report  (Read 1617 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:34:34 EDT »

First, Great hospitalty and friendship from Orange & Brew, Salt Water Gator, Dark Gator and the entire Parotthead crew, as well as Albert.  A great afternoon, that unfortunately led up to the game.

Offense:
QB:  Bray played well in a hostile environment, without his go to receiver and despite his center playing bowling instead of football.  Not to mention the OL playing matador on a few occasions.  The pick was flat a bad decision.  The reeiver was covered, even if he gets the ball over the LB.

RB:  Based on the fact that Poole was in the game for all of 2 plays (when Lane needed a blow) in the 2nd half I suspect that Lane is the TB now.  Lane played well, picked up blitzs, ran a few good routes and in the few opportunities he had he ran hard.

WR:  Hunter being hurt hurt us badly, really took a couple of quarters to get going after the injury.  Zack Rogers moved to Hunter's position (with Dallas as the B/U) and Arnett took the slot.  Arnett seemed to only know 2-3 routes and variations off of those (quick out each way for example).  Took Bray a bit but he seemed to find Arnett in the 4th.  Milton was in for a few snaps late.  The last series we had 3 FR as receivers (Arnett, Dallas and Downs).  Bray rarely threw to Zack Rogers, even though he was open a few times, on the throw across the middle that Zack caught, the throw was a good second late.  Good thing we have an open date, our young receivers are going to need to grow up in a hurry.

OL:  Disappontment.  There were several times that Bray barely had time to field the grounder before he was being hit.  Zero push in the running game (before we abandoned it).  Yes I know their front 7 is very good but hell, at least slow them down a little ...

Defese
DL:  OVerall I thought the line played ok.  Smith had a very good game.Malik Jackson can be disruptive in the middle.

LB: Austin Johnson had a good game.  I though Maggitt played reasonably well.  Based on Sirmon's reaction I suspect that AJ Johnson might have blown the coverage on the long TD pass, made up for it the next series with the fumble return.  All in all though, some poor pursuit anges by the LBs (and DBs) led to extra yards by their RBs.

DBs:  Evans and LAnier played most of the snaps opposite Teague.  Teague played the two fades very well.  Run support could be improved.  When we went to our 5 db set, Randolph came in at FS and Wagner slid over to corner.

Special Teams:  Punting was, as usual, poor - the block they showed overload on our right and at the last second brought the gunner cover on the left side in, and he got the block, well designed play.  KO coverage was good, our KO returns was pedestrian.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: