VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 12:17:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Based on what we have seen so far, I think we beat SC and UGA  (Read 12798 times)
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 12:35:23 EDT »

I say 6 wins are realistic.  I am optimistic and say 7.  I'm not setting myself up to think we will win 8.  I think we beat Vandy and Ky.  I think we will be huge underdogs to LSU, bama and Ark.  I think we will be solid underdogs to SCe (they have the best pass rush in the conference and Lattimore) and I think we will have to play much better than we have so far to beat Georgia.  Georgia may very well be the most rapidly improving team in the country right now.  By the time we play them they won't resemble the team that got ran over by Bosie.  They have better line talent and more depth than we do.  If we can win that game I'll be thrilled.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 12:39:50 EDT »

I've seen this comment a couple of times. No offense, but it doesn't even make sense. There isn't the slightest bit of resemblance between what Tennessee is running and a "Hal Mumme" offense.

That is why I put it in quotes. Having to throw 40-50 times a game to move the ball is my concern.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:55 EDT »

That is why I put it in quotes. Having to throw 40-50 times a game to move the ball is my concern.

Okay. That make sense. If that's where we're headed, it's worth noting that there are a lot of teams in college football that are pass-happy with a lot of success. I don't think it's fair to pass up all those comparisons for a Mumme the Dumme comparison. In any event, I see it as a temporary thing. You play with your strengths. Dooley has only had two recruiting classes, which isn't enough time to build a team. In the meantime our strengths are our quarterback and our receivers, so that's what gives us a chance to win. Which is the same thing you were saying I guess, except I don't think we're moving closer and closer to being a pass-only team. As our offensive linemen mature, we should be able to run the football more.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 06:57:47 EDT »

I say 6 wins are realistic.  I am optimistic and say 7.  I'm not setting myself up to think we will win 8.  I think we beat Vandy and Ky.  I think we will be huge underdogs to LSU, bama and Ark.  I think we will be solid underdogs to SCe (they have the best pass rush in the conference and Lattimore) and I think we will have to play much better than we have so far to beat Georgia.  Georgia may very well be the most rapidly improving team in the country right now.  By the time we play them they won't resemble the team that got ran over by Bosie.  They have better line talent and more depth than we do.  If we can win that game I'll be thrilled.

Georgia started 0-2 and then blew away Coastal Carolina.  You could say they gave USCe a good game, but that game is always close and USCe struggled at home vs. Navy this past weekend.  What in any of that makes uga  " one of the most rapidly improving teams in the country"?  That's a real head scratcher to me.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: