VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 08:15:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Coaches do you think are on the hotseat in the SEC?  (Read 4915 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:54 EDT »

I think Joker Phillips of Kentucky,Houston Nutt of Ole Miss and Mark Richt of Georgia have the most heat on them in the SEC. I believe all three could be fired after the season.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:33 EDT »

Our OL coach?   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:39:47 EDT »

I think Joker Phillips of Kentucky,Houston Nutt of Ole Miss and Mark Richt of Georgia have the most heat on them in the SEC. I believe all three could be fired after the season.
Nutt's pants are white hot.  Richt's pants require thermal protective gloves.  Phillips' pants are warm to the touch.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:41:11 EDT »

Nutt and Richt are both in deep doo doo.  

I don't believe that Phillips is going to be fired this year.  He'll survive a bad year this year, but probably not another one next year.  Besides, it's Kentucky.  Football isn't important.  
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:42:23 EDT »

Richt and Nutt should both be gone after this year. I don't think Nutt survives. But Richt, who knows. His butt must be calloused over because he's been sitting in the hot seat longer than any other coach in history.

Joker will survive but he'd better turn it on next year.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:46:44 EDT »

Ted Roof, our DC.  And if his seat ain't hot, I will pay someone to put one of those fireplace starters under his seat.

I think Richt will be gone after they finish no better than 3rd this year in the SEC-E. I think Ole Myth will let Nutt stick around for one more year.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 06:15:30 EDT »

I think Ole Myth will let Nutt stick around for one more year.
I don't know, this is the same school that fired Cut one year removed from tying for 1st in the West .  Nutt hasnt come close to Cut's record and, oh by the way, Nutt has lost to that "school down South' two years running.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 06:19:23 EDT »

I don't know, this is the same school that fired Cut one year removed from tying for 1st in the West .  Nutt hasnt come close to Cut's record and, oh by the way, Nutt has lost to that "school down South' two years running.

I just think TPTB at the Fighting Black Bears have given up and would rather have Nutt stick around then be bothered with trying to find someone else to continue the mediocrity for another 3-5 years.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:56 EDT »

I just think TPTB at the Fighting Black Bears have given up and would rather have Nutt stick around then be bothered with trying to find someone else to continue the mediocrity for another 3-5 years.

They take the Egg Bowl pretty seriously, just like you guys do the Iron Bowl.  Coaches who lose too many of those in a row don't last long at either school. 

Nutt is just a whack job. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:30 EDT »

I think there were "other circumstances" surrounding Cut's departure.  Let's just say Ole Miss is the most tradition-bound school in the conference and leave it at that.  Just MO.

Having said that I hope they fire Nutt and soon.  His move of having his team rush up to the line for a cheap TD from our 6-yard line, up 17 points with 2:30 or so left, AFTER OUR PLAYER HAD A NECK INJURY and had to be carted off, is about the most classless thing I have ever seen in football.  I might understand if the game was on the line, while still not liking the tactic, but they did NOT need to score!

What a fizzleING douchebag!   

Nutt, please get the hell out of town, and I hope the door hits you in the ass and cripples you on the way out.  You fizzle!!!!!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21:39 EDT »

agree with 101. Nutt and Richt, but Richt will stay if they win 7-8 games. Joker will get one more year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: