VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 09:41:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help from you beer people.  (Read 7543 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:01:14 EDT »

What is it that you like with your beer when you are drinking the premium stuff you guys buy to drink?

I am doing some schoolwork and believe it or not it has to do with a brewing company. 
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:16:54 EDT »

Hands down and no contest is the first, cold beer on a hot day after a long week where you haven't had one in a while.  I don't even think the brand makes that big a difference (unless you're talking about light beers  ) After that, the quality really come in to play.  It is the quality of the beer that will make you say 'I'll have another'.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:12:13 EDT »

I like a shot of Jack Daniel's with my cold beer!...  
iVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:57:10 EDT »

Do you mean, what is our favorite appetizers when drinking at a bar/ microbrewery?(i.e. not Volume-drinking)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:20:31 EDT »

Whatever it might be...food or cigar, you want pair it with a complementing choice, not one that can't hold it's own or overpower in relation to the beer.

Also, for contrasting flavor, go with something salty to balance the sweetness of the beer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:16:38 EDT by Stogie Vol » Logged
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:55:17 EDT »

I really can go for a plate of hot wings and a cold beer and a good football game.  Napkins!  Lots of napkins.  A good rack of ribs is really nice as well.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:06:15 EDT »

First off, I want a good chocolate or mocha stout or a porter.  Cold.  None of that wimpy lite beer or Bud or fruit flavoring.  Gag me.  If you do not want to taste alcohol or flavor in beer, drink water.

Buffalo shrimp and/or wings for appetizer; good steak and sweet potato for dinner; and for dessert, something chocolate with caramel or raspberry.  You just cannot believe how good chocolate cake, brownie, or pie can compliment a dark caramelized beer.  Then again, I have been known to have beer and pecan pie.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 03:47:47 EDT »

First off, I want a good chocolate or mocha stout or a porter.  Cold.  None of that wimpy lite beer or Bud or fruit flavoring.  Gag me.  If you do not want to taste alcohol or flavor in beer, drink water.
THIS! Nothing beats Guinness! Any time I grab my pint glass, I look thru it to see if I can see my hand on the other side. If I do, I pour it out.

11B4PJ3F7
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:27 EDT »

Benzocaine so my mouth will be numb and I won't taste the nasty stuff. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 04:39:51 EDT »

I had two drafts of Pabst's Blue Ribbon at Buffalo Wild Wings last week while watching MSU-LSU.  I had been wanting to try it.  Believe it or not, it was pretty good stuff!  Not premium though.

I like the premium Mexican beers...Dos Equis and Negra Modelo Especial.  Comes from  spending a significant amount of time in Mexico about a decade ago.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 04:41:56 EDT »

Let me add that although I enjoy the premium beers, I am of the opinion that all beer is essentially horse piss and no one really drinks it for the taste, no matter what they say.  Let me put it this way...does anyone drink any beer flavored soda or juice that is NON-alcoholic?  No, didn't think so!

So while some beers are more palatable and tastier than others, it's really about getting a buzz.   And to complete the analogy, well a lot of it is fermented hops, barely, wheat, etc.  You know...shizzle that horses drink.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:56:14 EDT »

Also, for contrasting flavor, go with something salty to balance the sweetness of the beer.

This man knows of what he speaks!

Salty and/or spicy is the best complimentary mix to beer there is. That's why pizza and beer go so well together. Pretzels and hot mustard, wings, spicy sausages with mustard and cheese does it for me as well.

I can't do the chocolate and beer, but a nice cigar with chocolate and expresso flavors goes well........... with about anything!

G    
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:12:24 EDT by GreggO » Logged
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:00 EDT »

You guys really do not know what you are missing with stout or porter with chocolate.

Like I heard a comic say once; "I like my beer like my women.....bitter!"
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 04:54:23 EDT »

You guys really do not know what you are missing with stout or porter with chocolate.

Like I heard a comic say once; "I like my beer like my women.....bitter!"

My brother has eaten chocolate with beer for 40yrs. Fine. About all he drinks is "select" beers.

But riddle me this batman: if you had a stout or a porter, would you really rather have a chocolate pudding or a Yorkshire pudding? I would absolutely have to go with the beef fat, blood and stuff over chocolate. Then again, I'll cook beef soup bones to eat the marrow on lightly toasted bread. I could eat that with wine, fine beers, a martini or gin, but I don't think I'd pair chocolate with any of those.

I could be odd though (?). In fact, I think my s2bx is probably prepared to testify to that under oath and the penalty of perjury in the very near future!

(Guessing now that might have been a waste of your time to read!)

G     
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 04:57:06 EDT »

south: boiled peanuts
Japan: salty boiled edamame (green soybeans)
Germany: sausages
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 06:34:27 EDT »

agree with salty spicy food with beer. wings, meatballs, mini eggrolls, samosas....
Volsphan
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:31:50 EDT »

I would have to say I love a a dark beer with a good hamburger.  Also after living in Louisiana for some time now I would have to say beer goes really well with boudin too.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 03:27:14 EDT »

Greggo, the Yorkshire pudding over chocolate pudding.  Hands down.  Went to Crown & Goose in Old City Friday and had the Royal Stout and ended it of with one of the deserts of the day, a chocolate brownie with a caramel-raspberry topping.

And by the way, beer goes with every meal as long as it is after 10:00 AM.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 03:35:28 EDT »

You could always do like the Irish drink a Guinness Stout while eating wheat bread and butter.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: