VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 11:50:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt Elam got trolled by his own coaches  (Read 4423 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:16:05 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/28428/gators-secondary-fueled-by-vols-poster

If any of our WRs said incendiary things last week, it didn't make the media. The UF coaches hedged some stuff to get the secondary motivated.

Frankly, I don't think Matt Elam and the rest of the Gator secondary had that good of a day, and they talked as much trash as Da'Rick or anyone else did on the field.

Also Aschoff sucks because he reports the "quote" in one breath and then says that nobody knows the origin of the quote but makes no effort to prove or disprove it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:25:01 EDT »

That reflects poorly on Muschamp, IMO.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56:36 EDT »

Elam is a gullible fool who will believe anything anybody tells him.  He proved this during the recruiting process.  Credit Muschamp for recognizing it and using it to his advantage.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:16 EDT »

Agree on all points, BDV.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:29 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/28428/gators-secondary-fueled-by-vols-poster

Frankly, I don't think Matt Elam and the rest of the Gator secondary had that good of a day, and they talked as much trash as Da'Rick or anyone else did on the field.

didn't "have that good of a day"?  They SUCKED.  The gators did not win because of their secondary.  They got called for PI SIX TIMES, holding at least once, dropped numerous (according to Muschamp five, but I only saw three) likely interceptions, and even when our best WR went down EARLY, they STILL could not stop us!

Memo to Matt Elam.  SHUT THE fizzle UP.  You suck.  Your team won IN SPITE of you.  Do something first, and THEN you can talk.  In the meantime tuck your tail between your legs and cower in the corner cause you did not do shizzle on Saturday.  Your team won in spite of you.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
philobeddoe
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 02:55:36 EDT »

Currently ranked #21 in pass efficiency defense.

didn't "have that good of a day"?  They SUCKED.  The gators did not win because of their secondary.  They got called for PI SIX TIMES, holding at least once, dropped numerous (according to Muschamp five, but I only saw three) likely interceptions, and even when our best WR went down EARLY, they STILL could not stop us!

Memo to Matt Elam.  SHUT THE fizzle UP.  You suck.  Your team won IN SPITE of you.  Do something first, and THEN you can talk.  In the meantime tuck your tail between your legs and cower in the corner cause you did not do shizzle on Saturday.  Your team won in spite of you.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:42 EDT »

Currently ranked #21 in pass efficiency defense.

That's obviously on the strength of games against the first two weak opponents. They did not have a good day vs. UT. Every other UF unit did though.

What I hate is how the UF coaching staff manufactured trash talk where there wasn't any. They took innocent quotes and twisted them and fed them to their players. There are other ways to motivate players.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 04:11:36 EDT »

What I hate is how the UF coaching staff manufactured trash talk where there wasn't any. They took innocent quotes and twisted them and fed them to their players. There are other ways to motivate players.

Exactly. And the end result is stories showing up on news sites like ESPN about how UT players talked trash when the players were extraordinarily disciplined leading up to this game. Of course, as you pointed out in the original post, part of that goes on the ESPN writer for just repeating what he was spoon-fed without bothering to verify it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: