VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 12:46:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, you want to be elevated to God like stature in E. Tenn?  (Read 4265 times)
10EC
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:25:01 EDT »

I mentioned this to Pirate at the game....

Can you imagine the fanfare if Peyton decided to come back to UT and coach QBs?  I know it will never happen, but can you imagine?  Talk about a boost to recruiting....   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:34:08 EDT »

"want to be"?  How about, if you want revel in your already godlike status.  LOL.  C'mon man, that happened 15 + years ago.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:40:12 EDT »

"want to be"?  How about, if you want revel in your already godlike status.  LOL.  C'mon man, that happened 15 + years ago.

There's a whole new generation of babies (outside of Indy) yet to be named Peyton...... 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:06:58 EDT »

The idea of Peyton coming back to coach here is the most ridiculous thing, imo and I chuckle ever time someone mentions it.

I think he loves UT, but there's just no logical reason I can see that he would.  There's no coach or member of the administration he's tied to.  None of his family is based here.  I just don't see anything in it for him whatsoever.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:13:05 EDT »

I mentioned this to Pirate at the game....

Can you imagine the fanfare if Peyton decided to come back to UT and coach QBs?  I know it will never happen, but can you imagine?  Talk about a boost to recruiting....   

Great Players don't tend to be great Coaches-Managers. Good examples of this are Bart Starr coaching the Packers from 75-83 and Ted Williams Manager of the Washington Senators-Texas Rangers

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:21:58 EDT »

I head someone say the other day that Peyton "owns" Knoxville and Easy TN. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:40 EDT »

I head someone say the other day that Peyton "owns" Knoxville and Easy TN. 

And that makes you puke ... why?   Aren't you one of the worshipers?

I love Peyton too, although if I had a kid I probably wouldn't name him Peyton.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 03:25:15 EDT »

Great Players don't tend to be great Coaches-Managers. Good examples of this are Bart Starr coaching the Packers from 75-83 and Ted Williams Manager of the Washington Senators-Texas Rangers

Want to bet on that?  You forgot Pete Rose.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 07:34:40 EDT »

Want to bet on that?  You forgot Pete Rose.   

If only someone like Steve Spurrier had been a great player.   

Mike
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 04:33:56 EDT »

surely Tee Martin is wondering "hey what about me?".

He's on the UK coaching staff now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: