VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:51:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATT U-Verse  (Read 3890 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:24:08 EDT »

Yea or Nay?
10EC
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:37:38 EDT »

Yea or Nay?

I just moved from Knoxville (Comcast) to Atlanta (U-Verse only option where I live). 

I pay extra for 25 mps and it rocks in terms of internet.  Much faster then the 16mps I could get in Knoxville.

TV is hard to get use to because I was a comcast customer forever.  I like the easy to use free DVR built in.  HD is same quality.  I thought on-demand was easier with comcast then U-Verse, but again, I'm only 4 weeks into it and haven't used it much.

No service issues so far.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:26:48 EDT »

I have the 12 Mbps Internet option through U-Verse and it has been very solid. I still have DirecTV for TV and Vonage for phone.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 04:34:06 EDT »

I have the 12 Mbps Internet option through U-Verse and it has been very solid. I still have DirecTV for TV and Vonage for phone.

Boss, I've never talked to anyone who has used the Vonage; can you tell me what your (+) & (-)'s with this service would be? (When I first used the phone in the home growing up, it was a party line on a rotary dial phone!)

I certainly wouldn't mind changing things around, such as dropping comcast cable and ATT though. But, I have to keep comcast internet for business purposes because all my business contacts use that email addy and have for many, many years. I really want to keep it simple for clients, so that's not an option (hmmmm, unless I add my comcast email, a mailbox, to the office's acount).

Thanks.

G
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 03:20:39 EDT »

I didn't really have any desire to change from Directv to ATT U-verse until I realized I can get the same package for $78 cheaper. I have been getting Charter internet and going to the 12mbps will be a nice upgrade there.  They also threw $300 in rebates at us... They've tried to make it a no-brainer for us. But I don't want to make the change if anyone has had a continual bad experience with them.

Thanks, guys, for your input.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 03:37:23 EDT »

The world is in the palm of your hands when you reach the end of your contract with stuff like this.  The company your with will bend over backwards to keep you, and other companies will throw everything at you to get you to switch.  It's a good spot to be in.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:46 EDT »

Boss, I've never talked to anyone who has used the Vonage; can you tell me what your (+) & (-)'s with this service would be? (When I first used the phone in the home growing up, it was a party line on a rotary dial phone!)

I certainly wouldn't mind changing things around, such as dropping comcast cable and ATT though. But, I have to keep comcast internet for business purposes because all my business contacts use that email addy and have for many, many years. I really want to keep it simple for clients, so that's not an option (hmmmm, unless I add my comcast email, a mailbox, to the office's acount).

Thanks.

G

I really don't have any complaints about Vonage. We have the cheapest plan because we use our home phone very sparingly but want to keep the number... plus it is perfect for our alarm monitoring. You will hear people complain about their 911 service but that's just a perception ... as long as you have basic 911 or E911 in your area it works exactly like 911 on a land line... http://www.vonage.com/911/

When I first got it (when I was on Comcast) I had issues with it but we finally figured out that it was because my cordless phones were 2.4GHz and so was my wireless router... so the problem wasn't Vonage at all.

You can use the Vonage modem to feed all your phone jacks in your house.

Overall I've been about as pleased with Vonage as I ever was with any landline service and it's cheaper and LD / Call Waiting etc are included in the price. They have regular price increases though, just like AT&T etc.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 12:47:04 EDT »

Live in West Knoxville.  I had Comcast and changed to Knology for one year.  Knology TV, HD, and internet were OK after the 3 months it took to get my service right.  I never got the same bill for the 12 months I had Knology and the phone sounded like I was speaking at the bottom of a 55-gal drum.  There service and customer care was light-years worst than Comcast.  I have had Comcast over 20 years total and to tell the truth, the picture and internet has just improved as they upgraded.  I have never really had a problem dealing with Comcast that could not be solved after a riot-act call with a supervisor.  Now have HD-DVR premium service and discount cable internet because I told them Knology and ATT U-Verse were in the neighborhood.  I will never think about Knology again.  ATT U-Verse has a good offer and TV service will be avaliable soon because they are stringing cable in neighborhood.

There is little difference between ATT and Comcast, just in the channels offered.  I cannot wait until ATT offers service so I can go bargain with Comcast on service costs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: