VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 03:14:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone who follows recruiting closer than I do...  (Read 2638 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:31:16 EDT »

Where does Tennessee stand with CAK's Charlie High, or are they recruiting him at all? I'm not sure this kid is anywhere good enough to be an SEC quarterback, but if he improves as much between his junior and senior seasons as he has between his sophomore and junior years, he just might deserve a shot. CAK isn't exactly a leading high school in the nation, nor do they play a leading high school schedule, but his stat line so far is very impressive: 154 of 209 for 2,234 yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs.
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:43:00 EDT »

I don't see him as a D1-A prospect.  He is listed at 6', but he is a lot closer to 5'10" than he is 6' tall.  Mechanically he winds up like a pitcher to throw the football. He is a "system" QB. 

I saw High live against Grace Christian (we played on a Thursday that week, so I went to see the Grace/CAK game) and I watched him on TV against Anderson County.  Honestly, I was much more impressed with Grace Christian's QB, a sophomore named Devin Smith, than I was with High. 

Grace Christian got pressure on High at times, and he made some bad decisions and bad throws.  He has gaudy numbers, but look at the number of times he thows per game - Rusty Bradley evidentially doesn't realize that it is legal to run the ball in high school football - and most of the throws he makes are quick slant/screen/short stuff.  They don't throw the ball down the field much at all.  He has some very good receivers who help make the passing numbers good, again kids who fit Rusty's system really well. 

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 05:54:29 EDT »

I don't see him as a D1-A prospect.  He is listed at 6', but he is a lot closer to 5'10" than he is 6' tall.  Mechanically he winds up like a pitcher to throw the football. He is a "system" QB.  

I saw High live against Grace Christian (we played on a Thursday that week, so I went to see the Grace/CAK game) and I watched him on TV against Anderson County.  Honestly, I was much more impressed with Grace Christian's QB, a sophomore named Devin Smith, than I was with High.  

Grace Christian got pressure on High at times, and he made some bad decisions and bad throws.  He has gaudy numbers, but look at the number of times he thows per game - Rusty Bradley evidentially doesn't realize that it is legal to run the ball in high school football - and most of the throws he makes are quick slant/screen/short stuff.  They don't throw the ball down the field much at all.  He has some very good receivers who help make the passing numbers good, again kids who fit Rusty's system really well.  

101stDad is Tennessee interested in Allatoona running back Miles Jones? That guy is a horse,I believe He'll be a good one. I listened to Him run for 160 plus against Dalton
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:58:12 EDT by ChatsworthVol » Logged

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:14:17 EDT »

I don't see him as a D1-A prospect.  He is listed at 6', but he is a lot closer to 5'10" than he is 6' tall.  Mechanically he winds up like a pitcher to throw the football. He is a "system" QB. 

I saw High live against Grace Christian (we played on a Thursday that week, so I went to see the Grace/CAK game) and I watched him on TV against Anderson County.  Honestly, I was much more impressed with Grace Christian's QB, a sophomore named Devin Smith, than I was with High. 

Grace Christian got pressure on High at times, and he made some bad decisions and bad throws.  He has gaudy numbers, but look at the number of times he thows per game - Rusty Bradley evidentially doesn't realize that it is legal to run the ball in high school football - and most of the throws he makes are quick slant/screen/short stuff.  They don't throw the ball down the field much at all.  He has some very good receivers who help make the passing numbers good, again kids who fit Rusty's system really well. 

I've been impressed with what I've seen of him. If he continues to improve and mature, I think he can be a D-1 prospect. I'm just not sure it will be at a major school.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: