VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 07:26:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Buffalo game going to be on PPV?  (Read 7454 times)
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:15:10 EDT »

I hope so because since watching the UT-Montana game, the Game Plan package has been worthless.  Last week, it included a game with Clarion, PA.  They were playing California.  That's right, California, Pennsylvania.     It used to be that on Saturday at 3:30, there was an ACC game of the week, a Big 12 gotw, Pac 10 gotw etc.  All of these out of market games were available and some of them were interesting matchups.  These are no longer available on that package.  I mean, I mostly got the package to watch UT so there's that but Game Plan just aint what it used to be.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:16:09 EDT »

I hope so because since watching the UT-Montana game, the Game Plan package has been worthless.  Last week, it included a game with Clarion, PA.  They were playing California.  That's right, California, Pennsylvania.     It used to be that on Saturday at 3:30, there was an ACC game of the week, a Big 12 gotw, Pac 10 gotw etc.  All of these out of market games were available and some of them were interesting matchups.  These are no longer available on that package.  I mean, I mostly got the package to watch UT so there's that but Game Plan just aint what it used to be.

Sadly it's not going to be on ESPN 3 so I'll have to listen on the radio

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:40:09 EDT »

It's on CSS

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:02:09 EDT »

Some dude on Facebook streams some games...let me see if I can find his info.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:02:40 EDT »

Sadly it's not going to be on ESPN 3 so I'll have to listen on the radio

Actually, it is an ESPN3 game in areas where CSS is not available. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:17:31 EDT »

I thought the ESPN deal meant that every game was televised on one of the ESPN networks in some form or fashion except for one PPV per year. Obviously I was mistaken. I sold my tickets to this game in anticipation of a Big Orange blowout but I was counting on watching it on TV. 
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:20:55 EDT »

I thought the ESPN deal meant that every game was televised on one of the ESPN networks in some form or fashion except for one PPV per year. Obviously I was mistaken. I sold my tickets to this game in anticipation of a Big Orange blowout but I was counting on watching it on TV. 

CSS is a regional affiliate for ESPN.  The SEC Network is who the deal is with, and it includes the ESPN stations and affiliates, and local stations what have been part of the SEC TV deal in the past. 

The Buffalo game is on ESPN3. 
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:24:12 EDT »

Lynn, I would greatly appreciate it if you did pass along that information.  I watched part of the montana game on that site.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 07:25:28 EDT »

CSS is a regional affiliate for ESPN.  The SEC Network is who the deal is with, and it includes the ESPN stations and affiliates, and local stations what have been part of the SEC TV deal in the past. 

Great news,thanks!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 07:25:56 EDT »

That sucks, considering CSS is only available to cable subscribers and a lot of folks still don't have ESPN3.
101stDad
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 07:37:26 EDT »

That sucks, considering CSS is only available to cable subscribers and a lot of folks still don't have ESPN3.

Well, the positive is that it is on any kind of TV or available online.  It wasn't too long ago that UT/Buffalo and similar games weren't available on TV at all. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 07:38:34 EDT »

Well, the positive is that it is on any kind of TV or available online.  It wasn't too long ago that UT/Buffalo and similar games weren't available on TV at all. 

It wasn't too long ago that we had a play-by-play radio broadcaster who was a viable alternative. 
101stDad
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 07:39:51 EDT »

It wasn't too long ago that we had a play-by-play radio broadcaster who was a viable alternative. 

Good point, although it seems like an enternity since then.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 07:41:22 EDT »

Priest adds something to the broadcast, which is several orders of magnitude more than the noise machine sitting next to him ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 07:47:30 EDT »

You can like Vols Streaming Network on FB and he will post a link if he's going to stream the game.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:37 EDT »

Will it be subject to a blackout?  I just found out this past weekend that games on ESPN3 can be subject to a blackout. I assume that is becuase of some regional contract or something.  But I went to watch Auburn/FAU on ESPN3 and got a 'this game is blacked out in your area' message. I was not aware that ESPN3 games were subject to any blackouts before that.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
101stDad
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 07:55:20 EDT »

Will it be subject to a blackout?  I just found out this past weekend that games on ESPN3 can be subject to a blackout. I assume that is becuase of some regional contract or something.  But I went to watch Auburn/FAU on ESPN3 and got a 'this game is blacked out in your area' message. I was not aware that ESPN3 games were subject to any blackouts before that.

Yes.  If the games are being broadcast on a "regional" network, such as CSS or are the early SEC game on the local broadcast stations, they are blacked out in the areas where they are available over the air or on cable. 

That's part of the contract.  The local stations and regional networks sell local spots during the broadasts and have the rights to have those games blacked out where they are available over the air or on cable. You see network spots on ESPN3, but not local spots. 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 09:08:39 EDT »

Some dude on Facebook streams some games...let me see if I can find his info.

Justin.tv -- there is a guys on facebook that streams the games through justin.tv

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: