VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 02:49:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick thoughts on our game  (Read 2460 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:07:07 EDT »

Bray is slinging it better than anybody we've ever had as a soph. Yes, even better than THAT soph.

Da'Rick is a badass.

The defense is getting better but they still have busts... bad ones.

Devrin is a frosh... giveth and taketh away. But, he's going to be a folk hero.

The running stats look a lot better today but I still don't think we're even close... most of the good runs were us having superior athletes and beating an inferior team to the corner. Poole has the worst balance of any starting tailback I've ever seen. I thought Lane would be better.

Either we've gotten better or Buffalo is worse than Montana. They were outclassed and without the two big defensive busts they would've been shut out easily.

And I'll close by reiterating my first sentence and I don't think it's sacrilegious... Tyler is playing just so well. He is seeing everything before it happens. I thought he'd always be a gunslinger who'd hover in the mid 50's for completion percentage but he's turned into a great quarterback. Chaney is a great QB coach IMO.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:16:16 EDT »

I've been watching the bama gotor game and one thing that is obvious.  Richardson is making runs that would be stopped for losses if it were any back on our team.  He gets 5 - 10 yards where our guys would of been stopped (and were) for 5 yard losses.  We really need to find a back like that.  A good back needs at least one of 3 components.  Speed, power,and vision.  I haven't seen anybody on our team that ranks above average in any of those categories. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 04:17:08 EDT »

I've been watching the bama gotor game and one thing that is obvious.  Richardson is making runs that would be stopped for losses if it were any back on our team.  He gets 5 - 10 yards where our guys would of been stopped (and were) for 5 yard losses.  We really need to find a back like that.  A good back needs at least one of 3 components.  Speed, power,and vision.  I haven't seen anybody on our team that ranks above average in any of those categories. 

Spot on.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 02:15:10 EDT »

I have been watching some tape on Alden Hill and he's a punishing bruiser who breaks tackles, and has decent speed. Keep his name in mind.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:52:28 EDT »

Same with both Dyer and Lattimore, they are accelerating to the line, and then looking for seams/creases.  If there are no seams/creases, they are accelerating to impact and beyond.  We have not shown a back that accelerates to the hole, or makes a hole when there isn't one.  To win big in the SEC, gotta have it.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: