VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 04:07:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do y'all see the LSU-Florida game going?  (Read 5314 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:14:47 EDT »

Without Brantley quarterbacking for Florida,this game could be a slaughter. I see LSU overpowering Florida and winning 31-7

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 05:19:47 EDT »

It would be bad even if they had Brantley. Bad matchup for FL.   LSU by 2 Tds

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 05:26:42 EDT »

Florida's defense is solid. Their front seven is good and LSU won't be able to exploit their secondary a little bit like UT did. I see this one being a close game, but UF has very little chance without Brantley.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 05:34:09 EDT »

LSU has more than enough speed to contain Demps and Rainey.  And the new qb doesn't stand a chance against LSU's D. 

I say LSU by 17.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:24:49 EDT »

LSU in a cake walk.  The FR QB will not be able to move the ball on LSU.  Florida may not score at all.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 11:22:45 EDT »

LSU in a cake walk.  The FR QB will not be able to move the ball on LSU.  Florida may not score at all.
UF will score, remember the Mustang!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 11:48:36 EDT »

Not so fast my friend!    In a closer than expected game the corndogs will win. uf after being beat up by bama will toughen up this week and be more physical with the corndodgers. The swamp scum will prevail though as the true fresh qb will struggle too much.

Of course I remember us almost winning there last year so........    
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 02:38:05 EDT »

Florida's defense is solid. Their front seven is good and LSU won't be able to exploit their secondary a little bit like UT did. I see this one being a close game, but UF has very little chance without Brantley.

I don't think their front 7 is as good as LSU's. It's good, but LSU's is on another level.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 02:43:31 EDT »

I don't think their front 7 is as good as LSU's. It's good, but LSU's is on another level.

I don't think it is, either. But LSU's offense isn't great and I think Florida's D is plenty good enough to hold them in check.

The problem will be if UF can't move the ball enough to keep their D off the field and let them rest. If Florida's D wears down in the second half, this could get ugly just like the Alabama game.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 03:05:12 EDT »

I don't think it is, either. But LSU's offense isn't great and I think Florida's D is plenty good enough to hold them in check.

The problem will be if UF can't move the ball enough to keep their D off the field and let them rest. If Florida's D wears down in the second half, this could get ugly just like the Alabama game.

LSU's offense is about the same as Bamas. Good running game, OL, and a game manager for a QB. A true freshman QB starting at Baton Rouge against that Defense is what will be ugly. I don't think FL scores more than 10 pts. 34 - 10 LSU

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 03:56:14 EDT »

LSU's offense is about the same as Bamas. Good running game, OL, and a game manager for a QB. A true freshman QB starting at Baton Rouge against that Defense is what will be ugly. I don't think FL scores more than 10 pts. 34 - 10 LSU

LSU's offense is the same style's as Bama, but there is a huge separation between the two.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 04:38:53 EDT »

LSU has better WRs than Bama.   Although Trent Richardson is a better RB, LSU has several backs that can pound and run fast.  I do not see one offense being better than the other.

Bama's defense is just so damn hard hitting.  LSU is fast and hits hard, just not as hard as Bama.  But that is almost like saying is it worse to be run over by an 80,000 lb truck or a 50,000 lb truck  Either one is bad.

LSU by 28 points unless Miles starts calling plays.
Volsphan
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 04:41:19 EDT »

I may be over reading this, but I see LSU killing the Gaytors early - putting JJ in and him doing well.  That will cause more of a qb controversy for when they come to Knoxville.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 05:54:18 EDT »

I don't think Florida's front 7 is that good after being shredded by Richardson last week.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: