VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 08:53:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As a card-carrying Apple fanboy, let me just say...  (Read 4667 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:04:47 EDT »

...today was weak.  Very, very weak.  

So they updated the iPhone to roughly the same specs as my Droid X, which I'm already itching to replace?

iPhone 4S=DOA.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:47:44 EDT »

When my ATT contract is up in April, I was hoping to replace my IPhone 3GS with something a whole lot better.  IPhone 4GS just does not float my boat.  If IPhone 5 comes out next spring and has 4G, I may bite.  Otherwise, I may be looking at Android phones.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:36:14 EDT »

why do you want to replace the X? I never got the X because I felt it was too big, and got the HTC incredible. I will probably get an I phone in about a yr.

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:17:08 EDT »

I really like my IPhone 3GS. I don't have to do business or anything on it, so just to have and use it's great!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:00:12 EDT »

why do you want to replace the X? I never got the X because I felt it was too big, and got the HTC incredible. I will probably get an I phone in about a yr.

If he's like me he just wants something new.

Also when I got my X the iPhone wasn't on Verizon yet.

I waffle back and forth on whether I want to switch to an iPhone or go with a 4G Android the next time I upgrade. The iPhone 5 might be lurking by that time.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:07:32 EDT »

What Revolver said.  I'm a tech geek.  I always want the latest and greatest.  Within a week after I got my X, I started combing the tech sites for anything shinier and newer that might be coming out.  And now that they ARE out, I have 300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket until I can upgrade in March.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:19:17 EDT »

What Revolver said.  I'm a tech geek.  I always want the latest and greatest.  Within a week after I got my X, I started combing the tech sites for anything shinier and newer that might be coming out.  And now that they ARE out, I have 300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket until I can upgrade in March.

I'm kind of weird that way in that I work in high tech, but I'm not really a tech geek, I like technology, but I only get about what I need.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:25:05 EDT »

If he's like me he just wants something new.

Also when I got my X the iPhone wasn't on Verizon yet.

I waffle back and forth on whether I want to switch to an iPhone or go with a 4G Android the next time I upgrade. The iPhone 5 might be lurking by that time.
I went ahead with the iphone 4, knowing (given Apple's conservatism) that my next upgrade would be the iphone 6(5?) with LTE.
My only question now is whether I dump AT&T and go with Verizon (would delay my move to LTE)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:29:07 EDT »

I went ahead with the iphone 4, knowing (given Apple's conservatism) that my next upgrade would be the iphone 6(5?) with LTE.
My only question now is whether I dump AT&T and go with Verizon (would delay my move to LTE)

AT&T's LTE network is light years behind VZW's in deployment and scope, last I checked. If you're just talking about the few months between early upgrade and contract termination, I'd wait for Verizon. JMO.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:21:38 EDT »

I'd like you folks to throw in your input to what I'm thinking since you are all a long ways ahead of me in phone tech; I'm running a Sprint Blacberry Curve 1G phone. The boss is paying for it, but he's over 63 and thinking retirement and doesn't want to get hooked on anymore 2yr contracts. He's paying for the best in my phone tech and I'm getting the worst.

With that in mind, and since most of my phone use is for work, the boss has decided to pay me $75/mos and let me pick my phone and service. The switch is gonna happen this weekend and we are with Sprint. I absolutely HAVE to keep the same phone number because all business contacts use the number to call meand plus, I want for the switch to be smooth. So, I'm thinking of staying with Sprint and getting the EVO 3D. Cnet has rated this phone quite high, one of the best.

Comments, remarks, input, corrections, lashings please!

Thanks all.

GreggO
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 01:06:59 EDT »

I'd like you folks to throw in your input to what I'm thinking since you are all a long ways ahead of me in phone tech; I'm running a Sprint Blacberry Curve 1G phone. The boss is paying for it, but he's over 63 and thinking retirement and doesn't want to get hooked on anymore 2yr contracts. He's paying for the best in my phone tech and I'm getting the worst.

With that in mind, and since most of my phone use is for work, the boss has decided to pay me $75/mos and let me pick my phone and service. The switch is gonna happen this weekend and we are with Sprint. I absolutely HAVE to keep the same phone number because all business contacts use the number to call meand plus, I want for the switch to be smooth. So, I'm thinking of staying with Sprint and getting the EVO 3D. Cnet has rated this phone quite high, one of the best.

Comments, remarks, input, corrections, lashings please!

Thanks all.

GreggO

I would not do 3D from what I have read by Consumer Reports the 3D when in 2D compatability mode is the screen is a little blurry.  I would stay with the Standard EVO (which I do have) and it is a great phone andn is gingerbread all the way not a kludge of the Gingerbread OS. 

Just my humble $3.099 Gallon of Gas opinion (C) EmerilVOL.....(gas price quoted from the Pilot Station on Lovell Road as of 6:30 AM today)

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: