VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 10:03:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Game-a-palooza 2011 begins this Tuesday  (Read 5992 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:22:53 EDT »

When all my Gamestop reservations start coming out.  On the 11th, it's Forza 4.  On the 18th, Batman Arkham City.  Battlefield 3 comes out the week after that, then I get a week off before Elder Scrolls 5 and Assassin's Creed Revelations come out on Nov. 11th and 15th, respectively.  If I'm lucky, I might get them all finished before Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 3 come out early next year.  But probably not.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:34:11 EDT »

Just installed Windows 7 64bit on my new gaming rig last night, in preparation for BF3.. as well as Arkham City thanks to the promotion by Nvidia (they gave away copies of Arkham City to folks who bought select graphics cards from Amazon, TigerDirect, or Newegg).  So while I was originally planning on playing it on the PS3, I'll take a free PC copy.   

Problem is, the PC version of Arkham City was delayed until November.

I will instruct Santa Clause to bring me Assassin's Creed and Uncharted 3 for Christmas.   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 07:28:07 EDT »

I have come to a conclusion: some of you guys have waaaay too much time on your hands. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 07:56:38 EDT »

Says the guy who sits in a tree stand with a gun for hours upon hours in the biting cold, waiting for something that may or may not appear..  :-D
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 08:03:25 EDT »

Says the guy who sits in a tree stand with a gun for hours upon hours in the biting cold, waiting for something that may or may not appear..  :-D

Exactly this. So... much... this. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 08:29:11 EDT »

You wouldn't understand.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 01:10:17 EDT »

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 04:39:59 EDT »

By the way, you've got it all wrong. I don't spend hours waiting for something that may or may not appear. If that were the case, I'd buy my meat wrapped in cellophane at Walmart and save a lot of time/money.

I spend hours watching the sun rise over the mountains on frosty mornings, when you can see your breath in front of your face and watch the world come to life around you...nothing but you, the squirrels, the woodpeckers, the redtail hawks circling overhead, the coyote that slips through looking for his breakfast, totally unaware that you've invaded his space...just you and nature. You're a visitor on foreign turf, getting a glimpse of the every day habits and behaviors of wildlife that most folks never get to witness. I've had chipmunks run across my shoes, squirrels sitting eyeball to eyeball with me on a tree limb and bobcats walking close enough that I could reach out and touch them, none of them ever aware that a human being is within five miles of them.

I spend hours watching snowflakes drift lazily on the wind, when the woods are totally silent, calm and still as the snow slowly covers the brown leaves and blankets everything in brilliant shades of silver and white.

I spend hours witnessing the glory of God's creation in the biggest cathedral He ever created. I spend hours away from the hustle-and-bustle of the every day world, where I'm able to think and sort through issues and problems on my terms, at my pace. Some of my best work is done from 25 ft. up an oak tree. I spend hours with friends — sharing in the stories of their hunts and building memories that will last a lifetime.

That's what I spend hours doing. It's time well-wasted. When a deer shows up — when you hear that tell-tale crunch of freshly-fallen autumn leaves that can only be made by a mature whitetail buck dragging his feet through the leaves and your heart jumps into your throat — that's just icing on the cake.

Yeah. That's how I waste time. 
Volsphan
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 05:00:55 EDT »

Big Orange -

Very well and eloquently said. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 12:55:50 EDT »

By the way, you've got it all wrong. I don't spend hours waiting for something that may or may not appear. If that were the case, I'd buy my meat wrapped in cellophane at Walmart and save a lot of time/money.

I spend hours watching the sun rise over the mountains on frosty mornings, when you can see your breath in front of your face and watch the world come to life around you...nothing but you, the squirrels, the woodpeckers, the redtail hawks circling overhead, the coyote that slips through looking for his breakfast, totally unaware that you've invaded his space...just you and nature. You're a visitor on foreign turf, getting a glimpse of the every day habits and behaviors of wildlife that most folks never get to witness. I've had chipmunks run across my shoes, squirrels sitting eyeball to eyeball with me on a tree limb and bobcats walking close enough that I could reach out and touch them, none of them ever aware that a human being is within five miles of them.

I spend hours watching snowflakes drift lazily on the wind, when the woods are totally silent, calm and still as the snow slowly covers the brown leaves and blankets everything in brilliant shades of silver and white.

I spend hours witnessing the glory of God's creation in the biggest cathedral He ever created. I spend hours away from the hustle-and-bustle of the every day world, where I'm able to think and sort through issues and problems on my terms, at my pace. Some of my best work is done from 25 ft. up an oak tree. I spend hours with friends — sharing in the stories of their hunts and building memories that will last a lifetime.

That's what I spend hours doing. It's time well-wasted. When a deer shows up — when you hear that tell-tale crunch of freshly-fallen autumn leaves that can only be made by a mature whitetail buck dragging his feet through the leaves and your heart jumps into your throat — that's just icing on the cake.

Have you seen the graphics on video game nowadays? I can do all this sitting in my PJ's sitting in a nicely cushioned reclining chair.   

But in all seriousness, I do appreciate the things which you speak of.  I wasn't really raised to be an outdoorsman.  I enjoy it when I am able to experience it, it's just that I usually have no idea what I'm doing. 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 05:20:36 EDT »

it's just that I usually have no idea what I'm doing. 

I can verify this statement.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 05:38:09 EDT »

I can verify this statement.

Quiet, you!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 06:57:07 EDT »

Have you seen the graphics on video game nowadays? I can do all this sitting in my PJ's sitting in a nicely cushioned reclining chair.   

So often I've wished that Rockstar would develop an open world, sandbox deer hunting game. I'd pay good money for that. 

(And I don't know what I'm doing either, but that makes it no less fun.)
Quasi EVol
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 10:45:29 EDT »

From Ron White: 
I once hit a buck driving a van at 55 miles per hour with the lights flashing and horn blaring.
Elusive little critters, aren't they?
If you slow a bullet down to 55 mph, and put some tiny headlights and a horn on it, a deer will jump in front of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: