VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:13:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley "Squarely On Hot Seat", according to Clay  (Read 21790 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 02:48:56 EDT »

Let me just say that I don't call losing to a team by less points improvement.  That means we theoretically have 7 more years of potential improvement against UGA.

We just see things differently and that's ok, but imho losing is losing.

It makes a big difference to me.  Last year, did anyone actually think we could have beaten uga or should have?  This year we all think we could or should have.  To me that's a big difference.  Definitely okay if you disagree though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 06:03:46 EDT »

Wow,  I didn't know it was possible to almost completely disagree.  But see above.

Like Vinnie put it A LOSS IS A LOSS................................THEY should have beat us by 20 points..............the score doesn't make the loss any different......................losing by 20 is no different than a 3 point loss they all count in the L column...........unless a miracle happens we will struggle to win 6 games and that is NOT IMPROVING...................................................

And to the question on if we could or should've beaten Georgia last year................Answer is Hell Yes we should have beaten them

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:05:39 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 08:46:21 EDT »

Good grief, people. If an 8-pt. loss to UGA sets off this much pissing and moaning, I dread to see what's coming after LSU and Alabama plaster us the next two weeks.

Dooley has been the coach at Tennessee for 18 games. He may be the best coach in college football...but he ain't a miracle worker.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 02:10:40 EDT »

Good grief, people. If an 8-pt. loss to UGA sets off this much pissing and moaning, I dread to see what's coming after LSU and Alabama plaster us the next two weeks.

Dooley has been the coach at Tennessee for 18 games. He may be the best coach in college football...but he ain't a miracle worker.

Yeah................an 8 point loss to a team that is not good...............................................those are the games you have to win....................we all expect to get beat bad by LSU and Damn Bammer..............................................

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:55 EDT »

Yeah................an 8 point loss to a team that is not good...............................................those are the games you have to win....................we all expect to get beat bad by LSU and Damn Bammer..............................................

An 8 point loss to a team likely to win the East, actually, or at least compete with USCe for it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 02:21:24 EDT »

Well I expect more than what I see from them on the field..................................you guys can be satisfied with this loss all you want to!!!!!

Go Big Orange.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 02:29:21 EDT »

Well I expect more than what I see from them on the field..................................you guys can be satisfied with this loss all you want to!!!!!

Who is satisfied? That's nuts. There's a huge difference in being dissatisfied with a loss and the team's performance and starting to turn on the coach, who EVERYBODY agreed in the beginning that it would take at least 3 years to turn it around.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 02:51:54 EDT »

no one is turning on Dooley..............................................................we have not improved over last year because of the O-LINE play.......................I am questioning the O-LINE coaching job though.....................................................................

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 02:55:54 EDT »

and I will never accept losing to a team that is NOTGOOD........................ it is sad for the SEC EAST that they might compete for the EAST crown because they are just not a good football team......................................................The SEC EAST has no real quality teams this year.

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:16 EDT »

SEC East is down, everyone knows that.  UGA was a coin toss game, and its the way we lost it that troubles me.  I'm not about to jump off the Gay St bridge or anything.. But the areas we desperately need to improve in aren't improving.  Quite frustrating.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 11:55:04 EDT »

SEC East is down, everyone knows that.  UGA was a coin toss game, and its the way we lost it that troubles me.  I'm not about to jump off the Gay St bridge or anything.. But the areas we desperately need to improve in aren't improving.  Quite frustrating.

I agree

Go Big Orange.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 12:27:11 EDT »

On the bright side the Henley Street bridge is unvailable as a lauching point. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 01:09:46 EDT »

Let's just fire coaches every other year.  Can't win more than six games when you lose 4 of your tip 5 players? Hit the road you bum! 
Quasi EVol
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 06:18:26 EDT »

Let's just fire coaches every other year.  Can't win more than six games when you lose 4 of your tip 5 players? Hit the road you bum! 

No SEC team with as many starting freshmen/sophomores can afford any injuries.  If Dooley keeps getting good recruiting classes & gets depth at the skilled positions, we'll see what type of Xs & Os coach he is.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 12:43:17 EDT »

Yes UGa and UF are down... We still aren't as talented as they are. Shame on anybody for letting this article start any such talk. Clay is trying to get Barbara Dooley mad so she will come on his show. BD = ratings.

This is why I hate Clay Travis.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 05:16:29 EDT »

I just want to make it clear that I am in no way saying we need to fire Dooley or that I think he is on the hot seat.   
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 03:03:50 EDT »

Yes UGa and UF are down... We still aren't as talented as they are. Shame on anybody for letting this article start any such talk. Clay is trying to get Barbara Dooley mad so she will come on his show. BD = ratings.

This is why I hate Clay Travis.

Wow, a stir the shizzle story by Clay Travis and many are going into Def Con 1.  I thought we should have won that game.  I'm very disappointed.  We'll see if GA is as mediocre as I thought they were.  Either way, I'll remain disappointed, even if it was my overly inflated expectations.  But I'm not ready to throw Dooley under the bus yet.  Our program, much like Rome, is not gonna be rebuilt in a day.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: