VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 01:54:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am not going to jump off the train because we have lost most of our offense to  (Read 3221 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:06 EDT »

Injury but we do not look well coached the last two weeks.

I love Dooley and really hope he can get it righted, but it's not only talent. It's technique too, all over the field.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 10:42:21 EDT »

I love Dooley and really hope he can get it righted, but it's not only talent. It's technique too, all over the field.

Yep, you've seen it on both sides of the ball. Poor tackling technique just now cost us 5 yards and an injury to Waggner.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TheRealOrange
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:43:11 EDT »

I was going to post almost the same thing, but didn't for fear of sounding too critical.  I like Dooley, and he appears to be a hard worker, good disciplinarian, etc., but his coaching needs to grow into being SEC-capable or the other stuff won't matter.  It's not just technique either; too many mental mistakes.  He has my total support, and he deserves much more time, so I hope he uses these tough times to truly grow as a head coach.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:46:06 EDT »

I was going to post almost the same thing, but didn't for fear of sounding too critical.  I like Dooley, and he appears to be a hard worker, good disciplinarian, etc., but his coaching needs to grow into being SEC-capable or the other stuff won't matter.  It's not just technique either; too many mental mistakes.  He has my total support, and he deserves much more time, so I hope he uses these tough times to truly grow as a head coach.

Yep... He has to get at least five years... And I've seen signs of life here and there... But right now we just don't look well coached. Easy to nitpick with 8 and 11 on the shelf and 15 long gone.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:48:27 EDT »

Exactly, it's the little things that we shoud be improving in..  That we are at times showing no improvement.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:53:31 EDT »

Exactly, it's the little things that we shoud be improving in..  That we are at times showing no improvement.
I think we are improving in some areas, just not where it shows up against the teams ahead of us in the SEC.

But, it falls on Dooley for sure.

It just drove me crazy that Clay Doofus said he was on the hot seat. We have to have continuity for a while even if Dooley doesnt pan out.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 11:06:22 EDT »

Clay cares about furthering his career and getting attention, plain and simple.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:05 EDT »

Clay cares about furthering his career and getting attention, plain and simple.

Exactly... And we all know why he used that specific term "hot seat" in light of Barbara Dooley's actions of the previous week.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: