VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:52:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay so I am really not getting the complaints about our secondary  (Read 3898 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:11:50 EDT »

Watching the game, I thought LSU ran very well on us in the second half, but I didn't really see a lot of passing.  I did see Teague commit PI and maybe a couple busted coverages, but .... they had 123 yards passing.  So our secondary suxes?  Really?   I do think we have some challenges back there, but they certainly dd not dominate u s wth the pass.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:20:52 EDT »

LOL, you are joking right?  Our db's didn't make a tackle all night long.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:43:11 EDT »

They did not need to dominate us with the pass. They were, however, able to do what they needed to do with the pass to win comfortably. The secondary wasn't able to stop the pass and wasn't there for run support in the second half, either. I didn't think the secondary played terribly, sans Teague, but they certainly didn't play great.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:51:53 EDT »

LOL, you are joking right?  Our db's didn't make a tackle all night long.

No I am not.  When I think of DBs, I think of not allowing the other team to pass and LSU simply didn't pass much.

There were plenty of broken tackles, but I didn't really pay attention to which position players were missing them.  It seems the entire D shared responsibility for that.

But I do get your point, thanks.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:16:24 EDT »

Horrible technique in tackling, coverage, and ball skills from the secondary yesterday. The yards are misleading.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 04:23:17 EDT »

Horrible technique in tackling, coverage, and ball skills from the secondary yesterday. The yards are misleading.

Sad to see................................giving up 10-12 yd cushion and then we waited for their WR's to run to us instead of attacking and tackling

Go Big Orange.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 04:25:34 EDT »

Sad to see................................giving up 10-12 yd cushion and then we waited for their WR's to run to us instead of attacking and tackling

Did anybody else watch LSU's DB technique with jealousy... but then suddenly realize that their DC was our longtime DC... and blurt out "Where the fizzle was THAT when you were at Tennessee???"

I guess Chavis has a better DB coach at LSU than he ever had at UT. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:40 EDT »

I did.....................................this year just Damn SUCKS.................................

Go Big Orange.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:22:41 EDT »

FTFY.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 04:46:06 EDT »

Did anybody else watch LSU's DB technique with jealousy... but then suddenly realize that their DC was our longtime DC... and blurt out "Where the fizzle was THAT when you were at Tennessee???"

A few seasons' worth of three-and-Sanders & three-and-Clawson games will make any DC look bad.  When the Chief's squad gets more than thirty seconds of rest between series, good things happen!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: