VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 03:06:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 2042 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:45:08 EDT »

QB: Simms flat suxed.  Late throws, panic throws, throws straight to defenders and just for local colour, he threw 1-2 good throws.  BTW, anybody know why the TE wasn't thrown to?

RB:  Good is spurts, other times we were back to waltzing.  We got Young involved early (2nd snap).  Best we ran for a bit.  We do not have the speed to get outside.

WR: two flat drops by Zack and 1 by Da'Rick.  Other receivers should not have dressed as Simms ignored them

OL:  Probably their best game of the year.  Consistency is still a goal.

DL:  Played very well, till they got worn out. 

LB:  Again played very well till gassed.  Maggitt has excellent closing speed.  Austin J played lights out, again.  AJ played better, got more snaps than he has been.

DB:  Teague was benched at half time.  Both Wagner and Brewer were ran over by RBs.  Our secondary is not aggresive, very passive.  Randolph showed improvement, which is good as I see him as the FS from here on out.

Kicking:  Young is electric.  He will break one this year.  Punting, hit or miss.  Darr actually got one to turn over today.  Punt coverage was good, Anderson made a great play to catch the ball at the one, so that L$U could pull a Nebraska on us and drive 99 yards.  Kick coverage was worse than normal but still reasonably effective.  Both our KO were good, good location and reasonable depth.

We showed imagination on offense, with a reasonably good QB play we would have scored more than once.  Wicox again didn't seem to adapt well in the 2nd half.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:08:01 EDT »

QB: Simms flat suxed.  Late throws, panic throws, throws straight to defenders and just for local colour, he threw 1-2 good throws.  BTW, anybody know why the TE wasn't thrown to?[\quote]

The announcers commented numerous times on how Simms appeared to miss easy check downs.  He flat missed open receivers several times.  Which suggests lack of preparation.  The only glimmer of hope I have is that at least some of it is lack of preparation and thus correctable.  He was no Peyton Manning last year, but I don't think he suxed this bad

RB:  Good is spurts, other times we were back to waltzing.  We got Young involved early (2nd snap).  Best we ran for a bit.  We do not have the speed to get outside

WR: two flat drops by Zack and 1 by Da'Rick.

Da'Rick does occasionally seem to lose focus. 

OL:  Probably their best game of the year.  Consistency is still a goal.

DL:  Played very well, till they got worn out. 

LB:  Again played very well till gassed.  Maggitt has excellent closing speed.  Austin J played lights out, again.  AJ played better, got more snaps than he has been.

DB:  Teague was benched at half time.  Both Wagner and Brewer were ran over by RBs.  Our secondary is not aggresive, very passive.  Randolph showed improvement, which is good as I see him as the FS from here on out.

I do agree that our secondary has changed from a preseason impression as the strongest part of the D.  This is worrisome.

Kicking:  Young is electric.  He will break one this year.  Punting, hit or miss.  Darr actually got one to turn over today.  Punt coverage was good, Anderson made a great play to catch the ball at the one, so that L$U could pull a Nebraska on us and drive 99 yards.  Kick coverage was worse than normal but still reasonably effective.  Both our KO were good, good location and reasonable depth.
We showed imagination on offense, with a reasonably good QB play we would have scored more than once.  Wicox again didn't seem to adapt well in the 2nd half.

Very happy with Young...he is the best kick returner we have had in awhile.  Palardy almost missed another XP  .  He needs to step it up.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:49 EDT »

Pirate - Are you coming to Tuscaloosa on Saturday?  If so, shoot me an email - dguttery8178@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: