VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:00:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMAO @ Clay Travis  (Read 3324 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2011, 04:29:29 EDT »

He made an idiotic post of Facebook saying that after getting crushed by LSU, UT fans were chanting "We want Bama" at the end of the game. I and a host of other people pointed out to the dumbass that it was actually LSU fans that were doing the Bama chant.  So he posted this:

Clay Travis: "To the grown men losers who add me as "friends" despite not knowing me and then complain about what I write, I've got 2k friend requests that I can't add because I'm tapped out at 5k. New policy, you say something I don't like that isn't remotely funny or interesting, you're gone."
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:03:10 EDT »

He made an idiotic post of Facebook saying that after getting crushed by LSU, UT fans were chanting "We want Bama" at the end of the game. I and a host of other people pointed out to the dumbass that it was actually LSU fans that were doing the Bama chant.  So he posted this:

Clay Travis: "To the grown men losers who add me as "friends" despite not knowing me and then complain about what I write, I've got 2k friend requests that I can't add because I'm tapped out at 5k. New policy, you say something I don't like that isn't remotely funny or interesting, you're gone."

Lol.. Uh-oh.. Looks like he's getting a little defensive now that his shtick has worn off.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:35:33 EDT »

Lol.. Uh-oh.. Looks like he's getting a little defensive now that his shtick has worn off.

In journalistic lingo, I think that's known as "Rucker Syndrome".

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 09:31:16 EDT »

Clay Travis got to where he is because he was funny enough to develop a following. Now that he's trying to be a halfway serious journalist, he's revealing himself as an ordinary tool. I never did find him particularly funny. But that Facebook post...that's funny.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:47:40 EDT »

Anyone who has to have their life validated by the number of Facebook friends they have or number of Twitter posts is just a sad lonely person. 

I just do not need or want a friend I have not met in person.  I have a Facebook page only because my brother and his wife post things to it because I refuse to pay AT&T money for text messages.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 02:05:17 EDT »

Yes... Rucker's still in the "trying to be funny enough to develop a following" phase.. problem is, it's already been done and he's not funny.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 05:55:58 EDT »

The only journalist I know named "Rucker" is Beth! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: