VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 01:08:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, if we were to beat USCe, would that count as DD's first signature win?  (Read 8160 times)
10EC
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:46:01 EDT »

CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 12:20:37 EDT »

Yes.

CW
TheRealOrange
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 12:38:57 EDT »

No.  In fact, it will pale in compariosn to the upset of the century coming in Tusk O'Loser this Saturday against bama!!!   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 01:07:53 EDT »

No, I don't think so. Or at least it shouldn't. USC is overrated. It will be a much-needed win that will maybe buy him so patience with our fan base, but IMO a signature win will be when he beats Florida or Alabama or another top-tier SEC team. I just don't see USCe as a top-tier team right now...especially without Lattimore.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 01:46:50 EDT »

No, I don't think so. Or at least it shouldn't. USC is overrated. It will be a much-needed win that will maybe buy him so patience with our fan base, but IMO a signature win will be when he beats Florida or Alabama or another top-tier SEC team. I just don't see USCe as a top-tier team right now...especially without Lattimore.

Correct.. signature is over the big boys.  But USCe would be, I guess.. his first quality win?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 04:11:41 EDT »

I say it will be his biggest win to date, by far.

But I like the way TRO thinks, even if he is a stinkin lawyer.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:24:33 EDT »

A win against a ranked opponent for the first time under Dooley is a quality & signature win no matter who UT is playing.   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:50 EDT »

It would be to me. I'll take anything right now.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 03:00:48 EDT »

If you have to ask, then no, it's not a signature win. 

tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:51 EDT »

You might want to post this question next year........I'm just sayin.  Losing Lattimore is a big blow, but make no mistake about it, SC's defense is right behind Bama/LSU and Lattimore doesn't play D.  You guys are down Bray/Hunter.  I'd say you have to compare the teams as of today.  SC still has a better defense and a better offense.  Can UT win, of course.  I still think SC will be favored. 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:51 EDT »

You might want to post this question next year........I'm just sayin.  Losing Lattimore is a big blow, but make no mistake about it, SC's defense is right behind Bama/LSU and Lattimore doesn't play D.  You guys are down Bray/Hunter.  I'd say you have to compare the teams as of today.  SC still has a better defense and a better offense.  Can UT win, of course.  I still think SC will be favored. 

UGA Scored 42 on the mighty USCe defense......so you better go and reevaluate that claim.  USce's Offense looked really pathetic against MSU.  USCe won the uGA game cause their defense scored....not because of your offense.......

Par for the course.....

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 03:28:42 EDT »

A Gamecock talking smack right now? Interesting...
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 03:37:43 EDT »

IT is ther off week, they have nothing else to do, besides cry over Lattimore's injury

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 05:19:53 EDT »

You lost me at better offense.  Without Lattimore, how can you make that claim?  Scoring 56 against a bad UK team doesn't make your offense great.  Which by the way, completely showed a lack of class scoring with 12 seconds left...should have taken a knee. 
Quasi EVol
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 11:34:07 EDT »

You lost me at better offense.  Without Lattimore, how can you make that claim?  Scoring 56 against a bad UK team doesn't make your offense great.  Which by the way, completely showed a lack of class scoring with 12 seconds left...should have taken a knee. 

To quote the bossman in another thread, "Players play like they are coached." 
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 02:37:42 EDT »

Man, if that was smack talking, I'd love to see what you guys do during UF week.  I wasn't talking smack at all.  As for the UGA game one poster referenced, our offense gave UGA about 17 of those points.  As for UGA's offense, they didn't give us squat.....our D took it.  Great defensive plays are not gifts from an offense.  Case in point, I saw Simms interception against LSU (the long ball near the end zone).  That wasn't a great play by LSU, but simply a bad throw.  Trust me, unfortunately, Garcia had many of those this year so I know what a bad throw is.  

I hate to sound like the nerd "instagator" who visits your sites much too often, and posts novels on how Demps/Rainey = greatness, but SC's front 4 on defense are:  Taylor (1st/2nd team all SEC), Robertson (2nd team all SEC), Ingram (3rd team all SEC and maybe the best D lineman in the league right now), and Clowney (definitely first team all-american frosh team), Gilmore (1st team all SEC), Shaq Wilson (3rd team all SEC).  Like I said, just sayin....  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:06:07 EDT by tngamecock » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 04:29:51 EDT »

When has SOS not run the score up? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 05:50:19 EDT »

Man, if that was smack talking, I'd love to see what you guys do during UF week.  I wasn't talking smack at all.  As for the UGA game one poster referenced, our offense gave UGA about 17 of those points.  As for UGA's offense, they didn't give us squat.....our D took it.  Great defensive plays are not gifts from an offense.  Case in point, I saw Simms interception against LSU (the long ball near the end zone).  That wasn't a great play by LSU, but simply a bad throw.  Trust me, unfortunately, Garcia had many of those this year so I know what a bad throw is.  

I hate to sound like the nerd "instagator" who visits your sites much too often, and posts novels on how Demps/Rainey = greatness, but SC's front 4 on defense are:  Taylor (1st/2nd team all SEC), Robertson (2nd team all SEC), Ingram (3rd team all SEC and maybe the best D lineman in the league right now), and Clowney (definitely first team all-american frosh team), Gilmore (1st team all SEC), Shaq Wilson (3rd team all SEC).  Like I said, just sayin....  

In attempting to explain that you weren't talking smack, you're talking more smack. Going to an opponent's forum and trying to piss on their parade by saying they can't win is smack. If that's your forte, fine. I just think it's a little interesting considering USCe has lost its top player on offense and wasn't playing all that great even before losing him.

Should South Carolina be favored? Absolutely. Would it be a surprise to see Tennessee beat them? Not at all.
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 06:33:34 EDT »

In attempting to explain that you weren't talking smack, you're talking more smack. Going to an opponent's forum and trying to piss on their parade by saying they can't win is smack. If that's your forte, fine. I just think it's a little interesting considering USCe has lost its top player on offense and wasn't playing all that great even before losing him.

Should South Carolina be favored? Absolutely. Would it be a surprise to see Tennessee beat them? Not at all.

If you consider that smack, so be it.  My son, daughter in law, nieces, all graduated from UT.  My youngest son, senior in HS, will be at UT next year.  I pull for UT when not playing SC.  I've watched just about every play for both teams this year.  I graduated from SC, so my glasses are most likely rose colored.  But objectively, with all your losses to injury and what not, and all of ours, I still see SC as the better overall team at this point.  Doesn't mean they will win by any means, just feel our D is much stronger.  And yes, overall, I still see SC with more weapons on offense today.  If it doesn't pan out next week, it won't be the first time.  Hope you beat Bama, lose next week, and win the rest.  I like Dooley and think he is the right man for the UT job.  So if it's smack or flaming in your eyes, I guess there's no use trying to convince you otherwise. 
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 02:24:19 EDT »

OK, tngamecock, you saying your defense is better than ours I can't argue with.  However, you completely lose credibility when you say your offense is better than ours.  From what do you basis this off of?  You have an unproving QB just like us with our 2nd string. You have an unproving RB with Lattimore out.  You have one good receiver, just like we do.  So please tell me how your offense is so much better than UT's?  Your offense wasn't really sitting the world on fire with Garcia, Lattimore, and Ashlon.  Shaw has played one good game against a bad UK Game.  Coming into Neyland stadium will be much different than playing at UK.

Also, you never addressed the fact your jackass of a coach ran up the score against UK. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: