VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 08:06:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14th member?  (Read 5909 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:36:27 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7117069/report-missouri-tigers-application-join-sec-imminent

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1280431

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 07:12:28 EDT »

Its a money move - capture the Kansas City market.  Basketball should be a plus though
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:24:26 EDT »

I sure hope they put Mizzou in the east and yes I know that doesn't make geographic sense for schools like SC, UGa, and UF. However, putting them in the east with aTm in the west is the only way to keep all the current traditional rivalries in place (i.e. the little game that happens to occur this Saturday.)

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:26:17 EDT »

Well, the SEC and the potentially third group of SEC '"Tigers"  better have an agreement that puts them in the SEC East, or we're going to lose our rivalry. Slive has maintained all long that the future expansion should not jeopardize traditions this conference has established.

I hope some of the younger Tide fans, and you younger Vol fans here and elsewhere understand fully this conference was build on the back of the Bama-UT rivalry. That is not hyperbole, that is fact!!!

If we lose this rivalry CelticVol would raise so much hell that Mike Slive would wish he were never born. BTW, I wish to high-heaven he posted here.

BG

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:28:58 EDT »

I was told 2 weeks ago that if Mizzou went into the West and Auburn moved to the East that we would go back to 2 permanent cross division games.....because UT and Bama would not agree otherwise.    That is the only way to preserve those rivaleries with Mizzou in the west......otherwise if they come into the East, we would stay with the 1 permanent game.    That was the info given to me on one of the Vol FB pages I follow -- no clue if it's fact or not....but it was made in response to me posting that we could not lose our game with Bama..

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:06:52 EDT »

When Missouri joins SEC (not if), Auburn has volunteered to move to the East Division.  IMO, the next two teams to round out to 16 will be to the north or north-east.  The only southern team that would cut the mustard is FSU and I do not know if they want to stay in ACC.  When and if two eastern area teams join, Auburn moves back to west division and the funky 4 modules scheduling will begin.  Do not ask me to explain it.  I can't.  It makes as much sense as BCS rules.

I look forward to playing Auburn yearly again.    You cannot claim to be the best unless you beat the best.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 03:53:38 EDT »

When Missouri joins SEC (not if), Auburn has volunteered to move to the East Division.  IMO, the next two teams to round out to 16 will be to the north or north-east.  The only southern team that would cut the mustard is FSU and I do not know if they want to stay in ACC.  When and if two eastern area teams join, Auburn moves back to west division and the funky 4 modules scheduling will begin.  Do not ask me to explain it.  I can't.  It makes as much sense as BCS rules.

I look forward to playing Auburn yearly again.    You cannot claim to be the best unless you beat the best.

Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina have a pact to vote against FSU, Georgia Tech, and Clemson is what I've always heard.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:17:22 EDT »

Change the Divisions and Rename them easy as pie and it makes much more sense in the following manner:

North Division:
Alabama
Arkansas
Missouri
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

South Division:
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
USC

One permanent opponent form the other division and one floating

9 Total SEC Games every year.....

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

TheRealOrange
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:56 EDT »

Change the Divisions and Rename them easy as pie and it makes much more sense in the following manner:

North Division:
Alabama
Arkansas
Missouri
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

South Division:
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
USC

Isn't Starkville (MSU) south of Oxford (Ole Miss).   
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:06 EDT »

Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina have a pact to vote against FSU, Georgia Tech, and Clemson is what I've always heard.

That's the scuttlebutt I'm hearing here. But doesn't it take just 9 teams to approve something?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 07:40:26 EDT »

North Division:
Alabama
Arkansas
Missouri
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

South Division:
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
USC

I see no scenario where the six of Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee aren't split three and three and the foursome of Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Vandy, and Kentucky aren't split two and two.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 08:06:40 EDT »

Isn't Starkville (MSU) south of Oxford (Ole Miss).   
so is tuscaloser

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 11:40:23 EDT »

Looking more and more like another Tiger will be joining the SEC
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7131557/missouri-tigers-give-chancellor-authority-strike-deal

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: