VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:12:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indeed this season is very depressing... I admit I drank the Kool Aid of  (Read 2310 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: October 18, 2011, 05:40:26 EDT »

hope.    I am siding with the patient portion of the fan base.  We knew our problems going into the season, although the run game has been an abysmal disappointment.  Couple that, with losing Bray, and Hunter, and I can see this season getting really ugly.  I hope not.  I'm hoping Bama shows a little mercy.  I'm not going to watch.  I doubt we'll score, and it will just be a matter of how much they want to score.      We'll be back, though.  The earliest game I can remember was the Texas/UT game, and Bobby Scott was our QB.  (a very vague memory  ) We were driving in our VW beatle, and my Dad was listening to the game.  We lost that one I think, but were mighty good way back then.  Then there was a period of malaise, and the Majors roller coaster ride.  By far, 1993 - 2001 was one of our best runs ever.  We'll have more.   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 05:46:26 EDT »

Correction:  By far 1985 - 2001 was one of our best runs ever!  The history of the program is there to be observed.  It has been one of the better programs of all time, always, but it hasn't been without these sort of eras that I fear we are in now.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:44:20 EDT »

Without the injuries to Bray and Hunter, we would be a lot more hopeful.

The only silver lining I see is that their absence makes the rest of the team play harder.  For instance, our running game looked much better vs. LSU (though it has a ways to go), and our D has looked solid when not completely gassed (IMO).

This is an opportunity for the rest of the team to step up, and so when Bray and Hunter are back we are that much better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 04:18:10 EDT »

hope.   I am siding with the patient portion of the fan base.  We knew our problems going into the season, although the run game has been an abysmal disappointment.  Couple that, with losing Bray, and Hunter, and I can see this season getting really ugly.  I hope not.  I'm hoping Bama shows a little mercy.  I'm not going to watch.  I doubt we'll score, and it will just be a matter of how much they want to score.      We'll be back, though.  The earliest game I can remember was the Texas/UT game, and Bobby Scott was our QB.  (a very vague memory  ) We were driving in our VW beatle, and my Dad was listening to the game.  We lost that one I think, but were mighty good way back then.  Then there was a period of malaise, and the Majors roller coaster ride.  By far, 1993 - 2001 was one of our best runs ever.  We'll have more.  

You'll score, and maybe **more** than once or twice. This is a rivalry game, and the underdog usually leaves everything on the field. Maybe not so much last year, but look at the game that went down to the LAST play just two years ago. The Vols played the Tide to the very end and that Alabama team went 14-0 and won the NC. NOBODY expected that game to go down to the last play. That game was supposed to be a blow-out.

What about 1990 in Knoxville, when an undefeated UT team played a 3 loss Tide team that Lee Corso said that morning on ESPN was a bunch of high-school players compared to UT's talent. That news was discussed at length in the Tide's locker room before the game. Final score: Alabama 9-UT 6.

Anything can happen. The football has an odd shape to it and often takes funny and strange bounces..........you never know.

BG
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:21:54 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:54:57 EDT »

I personally am just hoping we make it out with no significant injuries.  This Bama team breaks bodies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: