VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:37:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since it is an away game on Saturday, and it's at night,...  (Read 2184 times)
TheRealOrange
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:38:34 EDT »

...if any Knoxville area residents are interested, the 2011 Open House and Fly-In at the Downtown Island Airport will be held on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011 from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.  Here is some information:

* It will be the largest community open house event the airport has ever hosted.
     * There will be tethered hot air balloons and airplane rides.
     * The cost ranges from $5 for children to $15 for adults and proceeds will benefit the EAA Young Eagles program, teaching children ages 8-17 about flying.
     * Vintage aircraft will be on display, with biplanes from the 1930s, experimental aircrafts and home-built aircrafts.
     * Craig Davis, general manager of the Downtown Island Airport, will also host an aircraft contest, with judging and awards as an incentive for more pilots to fly in and bring their planes to the event.

Here is a link to a KnoxNews.com article: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/oct/18/rebecca-simmons-island-home-airport-to-host-open/
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:34:16 EDT »

Thanks for the info, TRO.  I may take my two oldest girls up there.  Trying to get them into flying so once I get do get my pilot's license, it'll be something that they are already into.

Still being a lazy ass and sitting around all the time? 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:32:49 EDT »

Are you going?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:33:52 EDT »

Are you going?

Traveling is not really an option for me right now, but I sure wish I could go.  Sounds like fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: