VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 08:39:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The team is practicing in the stadium with loud Bammer music  (Read 3085 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:35:36 EDT »

I can actually *feel* the music in my office. Of course all teams do this to try to get ready for the noise, but I'm laughing because the people that work around me are PISSED. Another conflict between athletics and academics. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:16:01 EDT »

I would be pissed too...no one wants to listen to 'yay bammer' or whatever the hell they call it.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:21:23 EDT »

I would be pissed too...no one wants to listen to 'yay bammer' or whatever the hell they call it.

I went outside to investigate the ruckus and heard the end of "Sweet Home Alabama," then ran back inside when "Yea Alabama" started. Blech.

Also, it's fizzleing cold outside.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:53:10 EDT »

I went outside to investigate the ruckus and heard the end of "Sweet Home Alabama," then ran back inside when "Yea Alabama" started. Blech.

Also, it's fizzleing cold outside.

I think it is a stupid thing to do.  I don't think it helps much and who wants that crap stuck in their head all day?
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:11 EDT »

I can actually *feel* the music in my office. Of course all teams do this to try to get ready for the noise, but I'm laughing because the people that work around me are PISSED. Another conflict between athletics and academics. 

Deere lowered!  I hate that you have to listen to a Hank Williams Jr concert!   
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 03:52:09 EDT »

Something I heard your head Coach's dad once say: In the 1980's when getting ready for a Bama game with his Dawgs he mentioned his favorite fight song from the time he was growing up in Mobile, Al. to his time in Athens GA. was always the same song.

Just think Vince may jump to his feet tomorrow night when the Million Dollar Band welcomes the Crimson Tide of Alabama onto the field with Vince Dooley's favorite fight song of all time, "Yea Alabama"!!!!

BG
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:03:01 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: