VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:31:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, how about the first video game system you ever owned?  (Read 7212 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:34 EDT »

Did anyone else have something more exotic than a 2600 or NES?  At our house, we rocked the super awesome RCA Studio II. 

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/pg70-rca.htm

TheRealOrange
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:40:44 EDT »

Pong baby!     The game was always the same, but you could put sheets of screen covers on the TV to change the "sport." 

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:42:17 EDT »

Did anyone else have something more exotic than a 2600 or NES?  At our house, we rocked the super awesome RCA Studio II.  

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/pg70-rca.htm

If you don't count the Atari 800XL, since it was a fully functioning computer, then my first was the 8-bit NES. After that, I never owned another Nintendo system until I bought a Wii earlier this year. I went from Sega to Sony to Microsoft.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 04:49:24 EDT »

If you don't count the Atari 800XL, since it was a fully functioning computer, then my first was the 8-bit NES. After that, I never owned another Nintendo system until I bought a Wii earlier this year. I went from Sega to Sony to Microsoft.

After we got by with that RCA for a few years, my Dad finally sprung for a 2600 (about 3 years after every other kid in the neighborhood got one).  After that, I didn't own another until my GF got me a Sega Genesis while I was in the AF.  I was probably the only kid in the world who never had an NES or SNES. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:51:43 EDT »

NES, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Wii, in that order. I also have a PS2 that I got in trade for a laptop.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:38 EDT »

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 04:55:02 EDT »

After we got by with that RCA for a few years, my Dad finally sprung for a 2600 (about 3 years after every other kid in the neighborhood got one).  After that, I didn't own another until my GF got me a Sega Genesis while I was in the AF.  I was probably the only kid in the world who never had an NES or SNES. 

I was a hardcore Genesis player and defender. I had friends who owned the SNES and we fought, constantly, over the superiority of our systems. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 04:57:52 EDT »

NES, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Wii, in that order.

NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, XBOX 360, Wii. I waited a LONG time before I made the jump to the latest systems. I played that PS 2 til it smoked. I sold it at GameStop earlier this year.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 05:27:56 EDT »

NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, XBOX 360, Wii. I waited a LONG time before I made the jump to the latest systems. I played that PS 2 til it smoked. I sold it at GameStop earlier this year.

It just hit me that I left out my N64. So mine was actually NES, N64, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Wii. Also my wife just bought a 360 of her own with a Kinect.

The N64 was a fun system because of GoldenEye and PerfectDark.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 05:35:11 EDT »

We had PONG as well - then the first Atari.  Loved that football game with three space invaders on each side. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 06:52:43 EDT »

The N64 was a fun system because of GoldenEye and PerfectDark.

I never played PerfectDark but my buddies that had N64s all had GoldenEye. I think that may be one of the best console video games ever. Multiplayer was awesome.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:03 EDT »

I never played PerfectDark but my buddies that had N64s all had GoldenEye. I think that may be one of the best console video games ever. Multiplayer was awesome.

PerfectDark was from the same company and was basically the GoldenEye gameplay with a sci fi slant on the campaign storyline.

GoldenEye multiplayer... good times. Power weapons in the facility.

NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:48 EDT »

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 07:15:22 EDT »

PerfectDark was from the same company and was basically the GoldenEye gameplay with a sci fi slant on the campaign storyline.

GoldenEye multiplayer... good times. Power weapons in the facility.

I always used Boris. That should come as no surprise to anyone.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 07:42:30 EDT »

My sister had some sort of Atari.. But me personally it was NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2.  Started PC gaming in '98.. But I can't remember what kind it was.  Once I built my own gaming PC I never looked back.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52:40 EDT »

I always used Boris. That should come as no surprise to anyone.

That's perfect, lol.

Of course there were no skill levels associated with the characters, so you could be Bond and still get your ass kicked by a good player.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 09:18:14 EDT »

My roommate had an N64.  I never played a Zelda game before or since, but the one for the 64 was pretty awesome.

BammerFan
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 10:09:54 EDT »

I don't remember the name of it...but the old man had an early computer consisting on a keyboard, casset player, and joystick that hooked up to the TV.  I used to play Zaxxon until I passed out. 
Had an Atari as well.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:22 EDT »

I had Atari and was all over it.  Then console games went away for awhile and I switched to PC games.  Didn't finally get another console until PS2.  Still have it in fact, but I did pick up a Wii last year and have ambitions of eventually getting a PS3...or something.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: