VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 06:49:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, I come home from work the other day.....  (Read 4204 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:39:33 EDT »

....and look through my 6 year old's homework and schoolwork.  In it was a nice little book they put together that was titled, Fall Sounds Like.... .  Some cool pages that my sweet, innocent 6 yo colored and glued together. I was thoroughly enjoying it......until the 'Fall sounds like.......Rocky Top' page, with a picture of a stadium and a brown football glued inside the stadium. And what was colored inside the brown football?  A gawd aweful orange T   The next parent-teacher conference will get very interesting  . She's got some splainin to do  .

Bammer suxes! That is all!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:03:28 EDT »

....and look through my 6 year old's homework and schoolwork.  In it was a nice little book they put together that was titled, Fall Sounds Like.... .  Some cool pages that my sweet, innocent 6 yo colored and glued together. I was thoroughly enjoying it......until the 'Fall sounds like.......Rocky Top' page, with a picture of a stadium and a brown football glued inside the stadium. And what was colored inside the brown football?  A gawd aweful orange T   The next parent-teacher conference will get very interesting  . She's got some splainin to do  .
So when ya changing yer handle to VFLAUTIGER????

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BammerFan
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:59 EDT »

One of the MANY reasons I moved outta Ardmore, AL. My eldest was being influenced by the big 'arnge at school. She doesn't like tennessee anymore, but she's fixated on going to college at Florida 

Of course, now my middle daughter thinks its OK to like auburn...but I told her I was giving all her Christmas presents to my youngest (who loves to yell "row tahd") daughter...so she changed her mind. I'm good at parenting, what can I say?
10EC
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:25:48 EDT »

Well, I'm living in Atlanta now and this summer and the next 9, I'm sending my 8 y/o son to the DD summer football camp.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 10:29:22 EDT »

Well, I'm living in Atlanta now and this summer and the next 9, I'm sending my 8 y/o son to the DD summer football camp.   
Did you have any luck with yer house in Knoxvegas?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:14:05 EDT »

Sorry; there's no separation of football and state in East Tennessee. You'll just have to grin and bear it.  :
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:15:18 EDT »

Just like morality... football training starts at home. Step up dad! 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 12:16:14 EDT »

Did you have any luck with yer house in Knoxvegas?

A few looks.  No offers.  Poor time to be on the market
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 12:46:49 EDT »

I too live in Georgia and I am so PROUD to say that all of my childre and grandchildren bleed ORANGE just like their Memu does!!  WOOOO!

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 02:09:21 EDT »

A few looks.  No offers.  Poor time to be on the market

Hang in there.  We just sold our house in MI, within $10k of our asking price.  And we were asking a little higher than the assessment. Miracles do still happen.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 02:10:10 EDT »

Just like morality... football training starts at home. Step up dad! 

Well, I do have to say that she said she colored the stands in the little football stadium blue, just for me.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:42 EDT »

Well, I do have to say that she said she colored the stands in the little football stadium blue, just for me.

Then she surely had points deducted, right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: