VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 02:44:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I agree with ReVOLver about not burning Worleys RS  (Read 5156 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:00:08 EDT »

But why not play Nance.  Can't do any worse than Simms.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:02:11 EDT »

But why not play Nance.  Can't do any worse than Simms.
Nance is 3rd string

If hoe saw him in pregame you would understand why

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 04:07:27 EDT »

I am turning the game off..........................can't stand to watch this CRAP anymore tonight........................just horrible play...............and Simms has no buisness playing.............   

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 04:08:44 EDT »

Worley's redshirt is history.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22:56 EDT »

Worley's redshirt is history.

Guess the plan is to start him next week.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 04:35:48 EDT »

Guess the plan is to start him next week.

FWIW, Hyams said this week that Worley has never impressed him.   
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 04:42:53 EDT »

Hyams has never impressed me. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 04:47:15 EDT »

You stole my reply...word for freakin' word. 

In all seriousness, though, Hyams isn't the first to say that about Worley. He has apparently not been too impressive in practice. Still, one has to suspect that there is a little method to Dooley's madness. Impatient UT fans may be ready to ride him out of town on a rail because of this supposition that he can't make in-game adjustments, but he isn't stupid. I seriously doubt that he burned the redshirt just to let Worley hand off five times at the end of a blowout game. There's a quarterback competition now...and that's a good thing. Because Simms is terrible. He's not an SEC quarterback, and I'm not sure he's an FBS quarterback at all. He's easily the worst starting quarterback Tennessee has had in the past 30 years.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 05:05:17 EDT »

You stole my reply...word for freakin' word. 

In all seriousness, though, Hyams isn't the first to say that about Worley. He has apparently not been too impressive in practice. Still, one has to suspect that there is a little method to Dooley's madness. Impatient UT fans may be ready to ride him out of town on a rail because of this supposition that he can't make in-game adjustments, but he isn't stupid. I seriously doubt that he burned the redshirt just to let Worley hand off five times at the end of a blowout game. There's a quarterback competition now...and that's a good thing. Because Simms is terrible. He's not an SEC quarterback, and I'm not sure he's an FBS quarterback at all. He's easily the worst starting quarterback Tennessee has had in the past 30 years.

I agree with just about all but the tail end....Crompton in 2008 was the worst, period, dot.  Crompton in 2009, not so much.  But whatever...as bad as Simms was, we lost this game due to our failure to adjust defensively in the second half.  I have rarely since anything that bad.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 05:19:55 EDT »

Agreed

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 05:22:09 EDT »

I agree with just about all but the tail end....Crompton in 2008 was the worst, period, dot.  Crompton in 2009, not so much.  But whatever...as bad as Simms was, we lost this game due to our failure to adjust defensively in the second half.  I have rarely since anything that bad.

Going 3 and out and throwing a int was a major help to Bama and gave them chances with the short field.

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 05:53:47 EDT »

Going 3 and out and throwing a int was a major help to Bama and gave them chances with the short field.

Don't know what game you were watching.  We were down 3 TDs at that point.  Do you really think it mattered? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 03:59:05 EDT »

But whatever...as bad as Simms was, we lost this game due to our failure to adjust defensively in the second half. 

What adjustments do you think Tennessee could have made that would have allowed us to win the game?

Tennessee was never going to win this game. Period. It was always going to be a lopsided affair whenever Alabama stopped sleepwalking and decided to play football.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 08:29:58 EDT »

Don't know what game you were watching.  We were down 3 TDs at that point.  Do you really think it mattered? 

Were we down 21 to start the 3rd quarter?????????????
Simms had multiple shizzlety throws that could have extended drives and the QB sneak disaster.  Did you see DaRick Rodgers shaking his head all the way to the sideline multiple time because the ball was no where close to where it should've been?  Bama had hit a big ply scored................we come out and can't throw the ball to multiple open recievers................starts the dive off the cliff..................... .......then the splat at the bottom of OL Rocky Top.

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 09:30:31 EDT »

What adjustments do you think Tennessee could have made that would have allowed us to win the game?

Tennessee was never going to win this game. Period. It was always going to be a lopsided affair whenever Alabama stopped sleepwalking and decided to play football.

When they throw about a dozen completions to almost wide open guys to start the half, it should be obvious that they changed strategy and perhaps an adjustment or two is in order.  We likely still don't win, but this could have been better IMO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: