VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:21:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Tech is whipping OU  (Read 3556 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:46:35 EDT »

wow, didn't see that coming.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:52:00 EDT »

Why not? It happens just about every year.

CW
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:55:41 EDT »

Why not? It happens just about every year.

CW

Texas Tech whipping OU, or OU losing?  If you mean the latter, then they usually wait till the bowl game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:56:42 EDT »

And in case you're still wondering, Texas Tech does not look like a good team at all this year.  Usually OU chokes, but to a GOOD team.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:04:58 EDT »

Oklahoma has a pattern of losing games like that. And no, it's not always to a good team. And why don't you stop with the smartass routine. You don't do it very well and there's no need for it anyway.

CW
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:16:46 EDT »

If I am being a smartass, it's in response to a smartass question.  

Or are you going to tell me it wasn't?

Cause it sure looked that way to me.  

But if you were not intending to be a smartass, then I apologize for the response. 

Okay now?

CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 11:22:56 EDT »

I really didn't think you would take it that way. Neither of us are Oklahoma fans so no offense was meant. And, I do believe that Oklahoma has a penchant for losing to inferior opponents. Anyway, forget it. I've no desire to argue with you or anyone else on this board.

CW
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 04:38:48 EDT »

Well it's really pretty much impossible to read tone into typing, something we miss by not being face to face in this electronic age.  That, and I have a tendency to overeact sometimes.

Looking at it, Tech is actually a little better than I thought, and the final score was really close.  When I commented Tech had a huge lead.

I am not an OU fan at all, but they were IMO the best backup if LSU somehow lets bammer win.  I don't think I can stomach another bammer MNC.   

Oh well... Go OSU!   

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 02:52:16 EDT »

wow, didn't see that coming.

Ahhh, yes.  A Tommy Tubberville team that is just good enough to make a little noise, get to a mid-tier bowl game, and beat a top 5 opponent along the way.  I have heard this story before.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: