VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 12:19:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My thoughts  (Read 4113 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:50:46 EDT »

Once again we played well for a half
Then the other team makes adjustments and we don't seemingly make any and don't react well to the other teams adjustments

If you don't like negative posts about players stop reading

Simms flat is NOT a SEC QB, period, dot - he is slow to make decisions the lead to late throws the majority of time and this year as an extra added attraction he is tend in to throw high. By burning Woodley's RS the staff apparently has reached a similar conclusion.

Simms will probably start the USCe game but look for an early hook if he plays similar to the last two

On defense we need to play 18 and 23 at corner as Randolph has improved enough to be the every down FS.  The DL and LB play was good tonight. 

We still have too many individual breakdowns on the OL.  Were there any WR playing other than Da'Rick?  Poole ran the best he has all year and at least Simms knew where the TE was at times tonight

Losing to bamer suxes

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 06:17:19 EDT »

Then the other team makes adjustments and we don't seemingly make any and don't react well to the other teams adjustments

Simms flat is NOT a SEC QB, period, dot - he is slow to make decisions the lead to late throws the majority of time and this year as an extra added attraction he is tend in to throw high. By burning Woodley's RS the staff apparently has reached a similar conclusion.

Simms will probably start the USCe game but look for an early hook if he plays similar to the last two

On defense we need to play 18 and 23 at corner as Randolph has improved enough to be the every down FS.  The DL and LB play was good tonight. 

We still have too many individual breakdowns on the OL.  Were there any WR playing other than Da'Rick?  Poole ran the best he has all year and at least Simms knew where the TE was at times tonight

Losing to bamer suxes

Simms is a very bad QB.   I don't really lay this loss at his feet though.  He certainly didn't fail to adjust like our coaches, or allow roughly a dozen consecutive passes to start the 2nd half like our secondary.    I thought in the first half he played well enough not to lose.  Is that enough to beat USCe?  Probably not.  But I will root for us either way.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 02:21:17 EDT »

Losing to bamer suxes
Palardy did well in kicking the ball.  He had one "bad" kickoff, the 1st but after that there was good depth.  He hit 2 FG, including a 52 yarder that had some room to spare.  His pumps, except the first were high and long.  Coverage was excellent.  Returns dropped off.  Young didn't seem to have the "pop" he has had.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 06:28:05 EDT »

I would give the hook to Simms today.  I would game plan around Worley.  I believe Worley can move well enough back there to avoid the rush and he is used to a short, quick pass attack.  Simms has had his chances last year and this year.  Move on.  This is just like life and working in the real world.  If you cannot cut it at the job, you get replaced.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 06:36:25 EDT »

I would give the hook to Simms today.  I would game plan around Worley.  I believe Worley can move well enough back there to avoid the rush and he is used to a short, quick pass attack.  Simms has had his chances last year and this year.  Move on.  This is just like life and working in the real world.  If you cannot cut it at the job, you get replaced.
If Worley had gotten more snaps and had a chance to exercise the pasing game I might agree.  Since he didn't I think we need to give him an opportunity to see how he performance with the offense, including the passing game, before we hand the keys to him.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 07:36:32 EDT »

In theory I agree with letting Worley watch the first possession or two of South Carolina and Arkansas to calm him down. However, I'm fine with letting him take the snaps and hand off. If we go three and out each time I can live with that. My thinking is the odds of getting substantially more out of Simms are unlikely and Worley will be better prepared in the 2nd quarter (not half, quarter) if he's already been in the game.

BTW, here's why I like burning his redshirt.
1) We have to get to a bowl for practice time and recruiting. I don't think Simms guarantees us that and Bray may not be back in in time. Even if we don't get to a bowl with Worley he'll be better off in the long run because he played.
2) You can't plan for five years out. We need help now.
3) There's no guarantee Worley won't get hurt in spring practice at some point. If that happens he could still end up using his redshirt. That's not likely, but not wholly improbable either.
4) I think it gives the team a lift. It certainly gives fans something to watch.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 08:17:53 EDT »

DaRick was pissed and shaking his head at every shizzlety pass thrown his way..........................the problem with still playing Simms against Bammer and OMG if he plays any against USC is the rest of the players know they cannot win with him being a liability, and they quit playing like happened against Bammer.........................................shizzlety coaching IMO..............................they will play hard with Worley or Bray playing because they know they will at least have a chance to win.

Go Big Orange.
TheRealOrange
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 09:03:30 EDT »

DaRick was pissed and shaking his head at every shizzlety pass thrown his way..........................the problem with still playing Simms against Bammer and OMG if he plays any against USC is the rest of the players know they cannot win with him being a liability, and they quit playing like happened against Bammer.........................................shizzlety coaching IMO..............................they will play hard with Worley or Bray playing because they know they will at least have a chance to win.

How do they know they will have chance to win with Worley?  And, if he comes in and is worse than Simms?  General Neyland would have lost big yesterday too IMO.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:10:15 EDT »

I have no problems with starting the guy that gives us the best chance to beat USCe.  I really shake my head and wonder if Worley is the one though.  I guess taking it all into context, IMO Simms should start but Worley be ready to come off the bench.  I don't buy this horseshizzle about "moving on" though.   It's true Simms has had his chances, but play the guy that will when NOW, today, right here.  Screw the future, it will take care of itself.  Is Bray not coming back?

Speaking of which, in my field mishaps happen and we look for "root causes".  The root cause of our offensive struggles are the injuries to Bray and Hunter.  It's very frustrating, but we have to deal with it.  That Simms is pretty ineffective is not surprising.  Our entire team lacks depth and QB is not any exception to that.

Having said that, I thought Simms played better vs. bammer than LSU and that at times he played even better last season than anything he has shown this year.   If he starts I am behind him 100% as the starter.  Not for him, I could give a crap about his "career" or anything like that, but simply and only because I want us to win.

I think we might be able to do it with Simms.  ICBW, but whatever.  Put the guy in that has the best shot.  If Simms fizzles up, put Worley in.  I personally don't think it will work, but I would love to be wrong.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Quasi EVol
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 03:41:44 EDT »

In theory I agree with letting Worley watch the first possession or two of South Carolina and Arkansas to calm him down. However, I'm fine with letting him take the snaps and hand off. If we go three and out each time I can live with that. My thinking is the odds of getting substantially more out of Simms are unlikely and Worley will be better prepared in the 2nd quarter (not half, quarter) if he's already been in the game.

BTW, here's why I like burning his redshirt.
1) We have to get to a bowl for practice time and recruiting. I don't think Simms guarantees us that and Bray may not be back in in time. Even if we don't get to a bowl with Worley he'll be better off in the long run because he played.
2) You can't plan for five years out. We need help now.
3) There's no guarantee Worley won't get hurt in spring practice at some point. If that happens he could still end up using his redshirt. That's not likely, but not wholly improbable either.
4) I think it gives the team a lift. It certainly gives fans something to watch.

5) If Simms gets injured, we won't be caught flat-footed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: