VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:28:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Worley  (Read 6556 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:13:55 EDT »

Simms sucks, and we can still salvage a 7 win season, but not with him. Too many mistakes, and we simply are not going to score points with the guy.

Let's see what Worley can do against his home state school.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 02:14:39 EDT »

Who all are we going to beat to get to 7 wins? At this point I think only MTSU and UK are highly likely. USC and Arky are probable losses and Vandy looks like a pretty even game at this point.
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:50:17 EDT »

We WILL beat Candy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 03:25:47 EDT »

We WILL beat Candy!
not with Simms at QB

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:14:40 EDT »

not with Simms at QB

Will Bray not be back by then?  But fizzle it, it's vandy.  We could beat them with Palardy at QB.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:18:25 EDT »

Will Bray not be back by then?  But fizzle it, it's vandy.  We could beat them with Palardy at QB.   
No, KY at the earliest - and their woeful offense notsithstanding their defense is nothing to sneeze at

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:13:18 EDT »

No, we would lose to Vandy with Simms. Simms is not going to make a single play for us, but he can lose games for you. Vandy's defense is opportunistic. Get Worley some time or I hope Bray is back by then.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 03:03:07 EDT »

No, we would lose to Vandy with Simms. Simms is not going to make a single play for us, but he can lose games for you. Vandy's defense is opportunistic. Get Worley some time or I hope Bray is back by then.

I thought I felt the earth move this morning  - WE agree on this

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 03:25:41 EDT »

On football we agree on most things   

Politics, not so much. 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 03:55:10 EDT »

I looked up Pathetic in the dictionary.......Simms picture was beside the definition.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:22 EDT »

Sorry guys.  Vandy might be better than usual this year, but this is still Tennessee.  I concede NOTHING.

Like I said, we could beat them with Palardy at QB.  It's VANDY.   

But to be semi-serious...two things.  One...recognizing that all might not agree, I saw improvement in Simms from LSU to bammer. Not much, but if it continues maybe he can manage the game well enough against vandy, not make mistakes and play just well enough for us to win.  Particularly might be true if our run game continues to improve.

Two...who says Bray is not coming back by Vandy?  I have heard 4-6 weeks.  Well Vandy is right at 6, n'est ce pas? So....?    Is Simms even the QB?

Okay I lied.  Try number 3.  What if Worley plays better than Simms and does lead us to victory over vandy?

I mean...c'mon...it's not THAT bad yet is it, that you are conceding a game to VANDY before October is even over?  Holy shizzle!
But...oh yeah...we play USCe this week.  MOving on.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 03:45:49 EDT »

Sorry guys.  Vandy might be better than usual this year, but this is still Tennessee.  I concede NOTHING.

Like I said, we could beat them with Palardy at QB.  It's VANDY.   

But to be semi-serious...two things.  One...recognizing that all might not agree, I saw improvement in Simms from LSU to bammer. Not much, but if it continues maybe he can manage the game well enough against vandy, not make mistakes and play just well enough for us to win.  Particularly might be true if our run game continues to improve.

Two...who says Bray is not coming back by Vandy?  I have heard 4-6 weeks.  Well Vandy is right at 6, n'est ce pas? So....?    Is Simms even the QB?

Okay I lied.  Try number 3.  What if Worley plays better than Simms and does lead us to victory over vandy?

I mean...c'mon...it's not THAT bad yet is it, that you are conceding a game to VANDY before October is even over?  Holy shizzle!
But...oh yeah...we play USCe this week.  MOving on.   
The EARLIEST Bray is back is Ky.

The only improvement I saw from Simms was one (1) less interceptable ball

Worley has upside, Simms, not so much

Candy has usually played us tough even in their bad years (see last year as but one recent example) and this year, on defense, they are nowhere near as bad as last year - play your best opportunity to win, in my opinion, and apparently the staffs, that is Worley

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 04:31:32 EDT »

The EARLIEST Bray is back is Ky.

The only improvement I saw from Simms was one (1) less interceptable ball

Worley has upside, Simms, not so much

Candy has usually played us tough even in their bad years (see last year as but one recent example) and this year, on defense, they are nowhere near as bad as last year - play your best opportunity to win, in my opinion, and apparently the staffs, that is Worley

Simms also completed a higher percent of his passes and forced fewer throws.  He may have even checked down a couple times.  He also didn't get the greatest protection and BTW, was facing THE number one D in the country, period, dot.  I would love to have seen how Bray would have played (although....lol, who would not, but).  I suspect Bray would have had a shizzlety game also, though of course much better than Simms.

Bammer is no 1 in run D, total yardage D, pass efficiency D, and the all-important scoring D.   Simms was up against it!  I am actually pretty thrilled he didn't play worse.

I have not given up on the guy yet.  I hope he leads us to victory vs. USCe.  If not, then throw Worley in.  I don't have high hopes for Worley though.

No one is saying Simms is a great QB.  He is not.  He clearly is not an SEC caliber QB at this point in time (but I seem to recall strong opinions, VERY strong opinions by one outspoken poster in particular that "Crompton will never be an SEC QB" and he turned it around, so).

But is he good enough to beat USCe?  I think he might just be.  Guess we'll find out.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 04:42:52 EDT »

Simms also completed a higher percent of his passes and forced fewer throws.  He may have even checked down a couple times.  He also didn't get the greatest protection and BTW, was facing THE number one D in the country, period, dot.  I would love to have seen how Bray would have played (although....lol, who would not, but).  I suspect Bray would have had a shizzlety game also, though of course much better than Simms.

Bammer is no 1 in run D, total yardage D, pass efficiency D, and the all-important scoring D.   Simms was up against it!  I am actually pretty thrilled he didn't play worse.

I have not given up on the guy yet.  I hope he leads us to victory vs. USCe.  If not, then throw Worley in.  I don't have high hopes for Worley though.

No one is saying Simms is a great QB.  He is not.  He clearly is not an SEC caliber QB at this point in time (but I seem to recall strong opinions, VERY strong opinions by one outspoken poster in particular that "Crompton will never be an SEC QB" and he turned it around, so).

But is he good enough to beat USCe?  I think he might just be.  Guess we'll find out.
Ummm Dooley announced today that Worley is the starting QB Saturday (see my Let Youth Be Served post)

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 05:31:49 EDT »

Ya you're right.  LOL!  Was not on any blogs during the day.  I do have a day job, lol.

So...good luck to Worley.  I have certain thoughts about this decision.

I will keep them to myself.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: