VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 01:16:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two tweets by Austin Ward that I like  (Read 12513 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:15 EDT »

Vols_Beat Austin Ward
Dooley admitted ideal scenario was Worley redshirt: "Quite frankly, we didn't want to play Justin this year. I didn't want to play him."
Vols_Beat Austin Ward
" ... But I believe that's what we need to do to try and win the game. I may be wrong. If I'm wrong I'm wrong." Dooley

My stance even after LSU was not to burn the redshirt, but I also thought that Simms would play better. I really did. At least they are doing something.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:39:28 EDT »

Yes.. Dooley is taking action.  I like it.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:01:13 EDT »

He wants to win and doesn't believe Simms is going to get it done. He's got to try.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:17 EDT »

He wants to win and doesn't believe Simms is going to get it done. He's got to try.

Yeah, that's what I said.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:59 EDT »

No, you said "My stance even after LSU was not to burn the redshirt, but I also thought that Simms would play better. I really did. At least they are doing something. "
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:38:55 EDT »

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:42:32 EDT »

No, you said "My stance even after LSU was not to burn the redshirt, but I also thought that Simms would play better. I really did. At least they are doing something. "

My overall point was that even though I didn't want them to play him this time last week, it's obvious they have to try something so I'm glad they are making the move. I took your post as trying to tell me why they were doing it, which you probably weren't even trying to do, but obviously I know why they are doing it.

Nevertheless, I'd ten times rather talk video games and computers than to discuss football with anyone on this board right now.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:45:24 EDT »

My overall point was that even though I didn't want them to play him this time last week, it's obvious they have to try something so I'm glad they are making the move. I took your post as trying to tell me why they were doing it, which you probably weren't even trying to do, but obviously I know why they are doing it.

Nevertheless, I'd ten times rather talk video games and computers than to discuss football with anyone on this board right now.

No, I was simply agreeing and adding to the point, but if you choose to be a smartass with me, you do get a smartass reply back.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:52:27 EDT »

No, I was simply agreeing and adding to the point, but if you choose to be a smartass with me, you do get a smartass reply back.

Lately, the tone of the board has been that everybody is telling everybody else why they are wrong, and nobody has been exempt from that. That's why I misinterpreted your intent. 

I should probably just go back to abstaining from this crapfest anyway. My weekend was so much better because I didn't watch the game and didn't participate here. I've already made plans not to watch the next two games at the very least and I won't be around here at all during those weekends. I guess all the "experts" and "critics of experts" can have the place to themselves.

TheRealOrange
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 11:35:18 EDT »

Lately, the tone of the board has been that everybody is telling everybody else why they are wrong, and nobody has been exempt from that. That's why I misinterpreted your intent. 

I should probably just go back to abstaining from this crapfest anyway. My weekend was so much better because I didn't watch the game and didn't participate here. I've already made plans not to watch the next two games at the very least and I won't be around here at all during those weekends. I guess all the "experts" and "critics of experts" can have the place to themselves.

Pretty interesting dynamic, huh?!    The guys that started the board and have kept it alive for 13 years can't stomach the place. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 11:45:32 EDT »

Wow, don't go making the rest of us feel like dirt or anything.   
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 11:56:19 EDT »

Pretty interesting dynamic, huh?!    The guys that started the board and have kept it alive for 13 years can't stomach the place.  

There are alot of folks on here that are way too hostile about discussing an opinion.  I thought it is a good place to vent and discuss the Vols...............If it is so bad then why show up and post on here?????????????????????  Talk about interesting Dynamic...............

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:13:02 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:02:22 EDT »

I guess we should all just stop posting about UT sports and put an end to the misery.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:05:18 EDT »

I guess so       

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:09 EDT »

Vols_Beat Austin Ward
Dooley admitted ideal scenario was Worley redshirt: "Quite frankly, we didn't want to play Justin this year. I didn't want to play him."
Vols_Beat Austin Ward
" ... But I believe that's what we need to do to try and win the game. I may be wrong. If I'm wrong I'm wrong." Dooley

My stance even after LSU was not to burn the redshirt, but I also thought that Simms would play better. I really did. At least they are doing something.

Yes.. Dooley is taking action.  I like it.
Agreed
We have nothing to lose now by playing Worley.............the kid will learn more playing than sending in plays................+ we need a good backup if Bray goes down next year....................
What if Worley comes in and lights it up......................................oh no..........i'm drinking the KOOL-AID again

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:10:50 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 12:21:05 EDT »

Pretty interesting dynamic, huh?!    The guys that started the board and have kept it alive for 13 years can't stomach the place. 

Remember my first flirtation with SportsWar where I was set to be a full time webmaster? I was days away from finalizing the deal when it fell through. Thank God that didn't happen... I would've had a breakdown long ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:31 EDT »

Dammit!  If I have to slap you people I will!!
TheRealOrange
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 02:38:57 EDT »

I guess we should all just stop posting about UT sports and put an end to the misery.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.    It's really not posting about UT sports, or even disagreeing about things, that is the issue.  As Bossman said, it's "the tone of the board...."  Back in the day, people here could disagree, and vehemently, but still remain civil and even friendly.  Now, not so much.  The main board has become much more like PolitiVOL -- very divisive.  I guess a down program promotes it, and it's been this way for quite a while, although this season has brought it out to a greater extent.  The newer personalities that were not here in the early days change the dynamic also.  It's not a big deal; it's just not my cup of U-T.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 02:58:41 EDT »

Getting back to the original topic, I still think it was a mistake to burn Worley's redshirt.  But now that we have, we might as well have him sling it until his arm falls off.  And with our luck, it probably will.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:27 EDT »

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.   

Yup.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 03:32:24 EDT »

Well, we could talk about UT basketball. We're #11! 

Oh wait, that's #11 in the SEC.

Nevermind.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 03:53:21 EDT »

Wow, don't go making the rest of us feel like dirt or anything.   

The overall tone of the board sucks with regards to UT sports. Sorry if that steps on toes, but it is what it is. I'm as contributory to it as anyone. I have many friends here and don't dislike anyone that is here but that doesn't change my first sentence. After 13 years, I don't have it in me anymore to try to improve the tone or issue any edicts, so I just find other things to do. There are just too many people here who are intolerant of the discussion and let personal opinion of other posters get in the way of the purpose of the board which is to have a place to discuss UT sports. What I see more than anything is not debate or discussion but lecturing. Tony hit the right word and that is divisive.

To be honest I've hit personal critical mass with UT athletics this year. Don't ask me why it has happened this year and not last year or when the Bruce debacle happened but the fizzleing black cloud has me beaten down. Like many others I've put a lot of time, energy, money, and personal fervor into following the Vols and I'm just over it right now. I'm not going to act like I've seen every game for 20 years or something but I have NEVER intentionally made plans to miss a game until this year. If my MTSU tickets don't sell, I will gladly eat the money rather than drive up for a night game against a Sun Belt school who is quite possibly good enough to beat us. I find myself being drawn to other interests, and the last thing that crosses my mind some days is to come here and read somebody lecturing each other over coaching adjustments or player redshirts or why we're bad. And right now I'm incapable of doing anything but making it worse anyway.

I long for the joy to come back into UT football, but honestly I'm starting to believe we are cursed and sentenced to being mediocre.

I also think there is a factor of staleness in the board. Like UT in 2008, maybe it's time for a change at the top although I doubt anybody would want the job. 

3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 06:26:24 EDT »

I like football.

Agree?
Quasi EVol
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 03:21:19 EDT »

I like football.

Agree?

Agreed, but it isn't fun to watch a freshman & sophomore-laden UT team play with predictable results: close at the half & overwhelmed at the end.  Add injuries & a regressed backup QB & suddenly threads on the main board could pass for ones on PolitiVol.  A win this weekend could go a long way towards changing the mood.  I'm not expecting much from Worley, but he's got to be better than what I've seen from Simms.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 03:39:11 EDT »

Regarding the Worley start: Oddly enough, this desperate move has slightly reinvigorated my interest. I now want to watch because I'm anxious to see if Worley can hack it. When Simms was in I almost wanted to avert my eyes and pretend it wasn't happening.

With that said, I understand the sentiment, ReVOLver, and I get why you're looking for other things to do. The times are tough and none of us are very capable of productive conversation about UT football.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: