VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:07:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two tweets by Austin Ward that I like  (Read 12474 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 03:42:19 EDT »

1) I like the tweets.

2) I didn't see anything offensive following the post about them.

3) If someone wants to make a snide remark about anything I post please do.   Disagreement is also welcome. It'd be pretty boring if we all just smiled and nodded.  

So, uh, how 'bout them Vols?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 05:52:13 EDT »

Regarding the Worley start: Oddly enough, this desperate move has slightly reinvigorated my interest. I now want to watch because I'm anxious to see if Worley can hack it.

Same here. I was going to unload my USC tickets until Worley entered the game last week. I decided to hang on to them until I saw if he was going to start. I don't really expect that he's going to go in and light it up; those who've seen him practice aren't really big on his ability at this point. But I'm going to go and hope.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:11 EDT »

The overall tone of the board sucks with regards to UT sports. Sorry if that steps on toes, but it is what it is. I'm as contributory to it as anyone. I have many friends here and don't dislike anyone that is here but that doesn't change my first sentence. After 13 years, I don't have it in me anymore to try to improve the tone or issue any edicts, so I just find other things to do. There are just too many people here who are intolerant of the discussion and let personal opinion of other posters get in the way of the purpose of the board which is to have a place to discuss UT sports. What I see more than anything is not debate or discussion but lecturing. Tony hit the right word and that is divisive.

In the past, UT fans on VTTW always had common villains to unite against.   SOS, CMR, Saban, etc - and fans of these rival programs.  It helped Vol fans that UT's football program was good enough back then to back up the banter.  UT is no longer that good.  Everyone knows it, UT and rival fans alike.  So, there isn't as much interaction between VTTW Vol fans and rival fans.  I mean, if UT is no longer relevant, what's the point?  And that leaves Vol fans on VTTW with no one else to argue with, but themselves.  Add in the misery of where UT sports is right now, and it is a vol-atile combo (pun intended, so sue me).   Now you have issues with "tone" and even brief infighting on VTTW.  What you need is (1) slight improvement in your football team, just to give you guys some hope that UT will/could return to prominance over the intermediate term, and (2) a rival to polarize and unite you guys.    I can give you the rival banter, but I can't help you with the status or progress of your team.

If you ladies are so down on UT sports right now that you are losing interest, just let me know and I will provide you with an application to be a temporary UGA fan. Just so you  know what its like to identify with a winner again.    Might as well cheer for a team that you can be proud of.  Go Dawgs!! 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 11:30:39 EDT »

In the past, UT fans on VTTW always had common villains to unite against.   SOS, CMR, Saban, etc - and fans of these rival programs.  It helped Vol fans that UT's football program was good enough back then to back up the banter.  UT is no longer that good.  Everyone knows it, UT and rival fans alike.  So, there isn't as much interaction between VTTW Vol fans and rival fans.  I mean, if UT is no longer relevant, what's the point?  And that leaves Vol fans on VTTW with no one else to argue with, but themselves.  Add in the misery of where UT sports is right now, and it is a vol-atile combo (pun intended, so sue me).   Now you have issues with "tone" and even brief infighting on VTTW.  What you need is (1) slight improvement in your football team, just to give you guys some hope that UT will/could return to prominance over the intermediate term, and (2) a rival to polarize and unite you guys.    I can give you the rival banter, but I can't help you with the status or progress of your team.

If you ladies are so down on UT sports right now that you are losing interest, just let me know and I will provide you with an application to be a temporary UGA fan. Just so you  know what its like to identify with a winner again.    Might as well cheer for a team that you can be proud of.  Go Dawgs!! 

Not even coming close to caring what you think. Sorry!

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:07 EDT »

Not even coming close to caring what you think. Sorry!

Now that's more like it. Let's all gang up on the rival fan and let our frustrations spew like lancing a festering boil. 

Besides, at least UT is on its way back. UGA still has to go through the whole coach-replacement process.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: