VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:32:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Link attached: Next year I'm will try to get Celtic Vol here during Bama week  (Read 1381 times)
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 05:51:52 EDT »

I know you guys would really enjoy him. At joint Tide and UT tailgates starting back in 2002 in Knoxville -thanks Emeril- eventually Celtic and I always end up together talking Bama and UT for sometimes literally hours, especially when both he and a UT doc (can't remember his name) brought Tennessee shine to the first get-together. That was both different and fun! :)

For those here that don't know him, Celtic is a genuine first class guy all Vol fans should be proud of. He is a retired Marine Colonial and his love for the Corps and the Vols are second to no one. I think he is older than 70 years and looks and acts 50. I really look up to this guy and he knows it.

His knowledge of the series is incredible, and goes back to the forties when he was a child. Guys the stories he tells.......I believe his Dad played for UT many moons ago.

Here's a link where other Vols are speaking of him. Next year I may have to subscribe to that site just so I can attempt to get him over here to post and discuss the Tide-UT series the week before the game  

Here's what other Vols think of him:

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7&f=1372&t=8118645

As you see, it appears UT had him talk to the players before a game. I swear he could go to the Tide locker room and fire them up too.

He never really posted much on the old Vol Chat so my name may now be unfamiliar to him, but I know my face would be known to him. I haven't seen him in about 5 years, but have been at joint UT-Tide gatherings in Knoxville, Huntsville, B'ham, and T-town, and I always spent the most time with him. Maybe next year we can get him here and have some really good discussion of the Third Saturday in October series. No one loves this series more than he.

BG

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:18:25 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: