VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:19:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, Vinnie?*  (Read 3080 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:33:17 EDT »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 04:13:40 EDT »

Lovin' it.  Was very tempted to call in sick today.. I played until about 3:30am, couldve kept going but knew I had to sleep.

I was too sleepy to be able judge it fairly, but it's everything I want in a BF game.  Huge maps, vehicles and aircraft.  It was pretty chaotic, as it was obvious none of us were quite used to the feel of the game.. And no one knew the maps.  I spent most of my time just trying to orient myself on these gigantic maps.  But that will come with time.  It's more challenging than I thought it would be.  Stogie and I tried the Co-op missions and failed gloriously, lol.  I found out I need a lot more practice flying a chopper.. Which is hard with a mouse and keyboard anyway. 
Graphically it was stunning on the PC.  The sounds are also the best I've ever heard in a game.

Can't wait to get home and get back in it today.  I'll be able to give a better review once I've played it after having some rest.

One thing's for sure, there are some characters at midnight release events at Gamestop.  I felt like a huge nerd.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:17:13 EDT »

I felt like a huge nerd.

You felt like a huge nerd?   

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

10EC
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:52 EDT »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 04:24:15 EDT »

Lovin' it.  Was very tempted to call in sick today.. I played until about 3:30am, couldve kept going but knew I had to sleep.

I was too sleepy to be able judge it fairly, but it's everything I want in a BF game.  Huge maps, vehicles and aircraft.  It was pretty chaotic, as it was obvious none of us were quite used to the feel of the game.. And no one knew the maps.  I spent most of my time just trying to orient myself on these gigantic maps.  But that will come with time.  It's more challenging than I thought it would be.  Stogie and I tried the Co-op missions and failed gloriously, lol.  I found out I need a lot more practice flying a chopper.. Which is hard with a mouse and keyboard anyway. 
Graphically it was stunning on the PC.  The sounds are also the best I've ever heard in a game.

Can't wait to get home and get back in it today.  I'll be able to give a better review once I've played it after having some rest.

One thing's for sure, there are some characters at midnight release events at Gamestop.  I felt like a huge nerd.

LOL- the only midnight release I've been to was for RDR.  No real crazies there.  But I'll bet the Arkham City one was full of dorks.  The one for Skyrim will probably be that way too.  Since it's coming out on a Friday (or Thursday at midnight), and I'm off on Fridays, I may try to make it to that one and take some pictures of all the nerds in their costumes.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:48 EDT »

POTY   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:58:10 EDT »

All I could think was "man, I hope I don't see anyone I know".   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: