VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 09:29:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen...Society continues its downward spiral...  (Read 7523 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:18 EDT »

Beavis and Butthead returns to TV tomorrow night at 10:00 on MTV.

I can't wait. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:41:16 EDT »

I set the DVR to record it two weeks ago- as soon as 10/27 came available in my program guide. 

I said "came".  Huh, huhhuhuhuh.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:31 EDT »

My DVR is set also.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:38:50 EDT »

Mine is also set....but not for B&B.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:49:40 EDT »

Omg. Back to the incessant annoyance of 30-somethings walking around doing Beavis & Butthead laughs. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 04:20:22 EDT »

Omg. Back to the incessant annoyance of 30-somethings walking around doing Beavis & Butthead laughs. 

Don't worry, I'm sure there's a Matlock or Murder She Wrote marathon on somehwere for you old people to watch.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:09 EDT »

Don't worry, I'm sure there's a Matlock or Murder She Wrote marathon on somehwere for you old people to watch.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 04:57:17 EDT »

Thank God!!! The country will be saved now!!  B&B Rock!!!!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:38 EDT »

If by old, you mean I like shows that are for mature audiences older than the age of 13...yes, I'll take Matlock over B&B, TYVM. 

What shows MTV airs really doesn't bother me because I never bother to flip over to the channel. I make an exception for B&B, though, because I guarantee you it won't be two days before some supposedly intelligent white executive quickly approaching middle age will walk up and go "Uh huh huh huh huh...cool." 
Quasi EVol
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 06:53:31 EDT »

If by old, you mean I like shows that are for mature audiences older than the age of 13...yes, I'll take Matlock over B&B, TYVM. 

What shows MTV airs really doesn't bother me because I never bother to flip over to the channel. I make an exception for B&B, though, because I guarantee you it won't be two days before some supposedly intelligent white executive quickly approaching middle age will walk up and go "Uh huh huh huh huh...cool." 

I'm 55 years old and, even though I was unimpressed by their Liquid Television shorts, their shows turned out to be surprisingly good, juxtapositioning mindless humor with scathing social commentary.

Heh, heh, I said "shorts!"
10EC
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 07:09:39 EDT »

My favorite... "Chain Saws.... he, he... Chain Saws are COOL...."
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 08:01:02 EDT »

I get the feeling that B&B have wronged you somehow.  Is that you, Mr. Anderson?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xn4J1gtO42I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xn4J1gtO42I</a>

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:15 EDT »

Perry Mason dammit....boy those youngsters never can remember anyhting that we old farts tell em....sheesh

(I said sheesh huh huh huh cool)

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 12:40:47 EDT »

Perry Mason dammit....boy those youngsters never can remember anyhting that we old farts tell em....sheesh

(I said sheesh huh huh huh cool)

Two words
Della Street

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:08 EDT »

I get the feeling that B&B have wronged you somehow.  Is that you, Mr. Anderson?

B&B have done nothing to me. It's all you buttheads going around doing those gawd-awful imitations. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:41 EDT »

Get bent.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 01:10:37 EDT »

I really disliked the original, thought it was stupid and catered to the lowest level of gutter trash, quite frankly.

But then I had to rehab my knee after my first ACL surgery in late 1994, and it was about the only thing on in the late afternoon when I was doing that and I needed a distraction.  It grew on me, and I came to realize that it was actually a SATIRE of all the things I hated about low-brow culture and how young people will follow it.

It turns out that Mike Judge is actually somewhat conservative, and that "King of the Hill" is supposedly closer to his actual values than BnB.   When I realized that, it's like...holy shizzle.  He's making fun of the typical teenager that WATCHES MTV, and most of them don't even get the joke.  LOL!   That includes the overgrown teenagers that act like executives on that network and have brought us other sterling fare such as the Osbourne family reality show and "Teen mom".

Let me put it this way....I get the joke and I like it.   BnB is the only thing on MTV I would watch nowadays.   I like it and can't wait for the up and coming pilot of the new series.  Heh-heh, heh-heh, heh-heh.    I said "up and coming".     

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 04:44:35 EDT »

I liked the episode when they were watching TV and Tony Bennett was on.  "Is he wearing a mask?"  I think that was the only one I watched all the way through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: