VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 05:00:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, my company verizon BlackBerrys speaker died and it is out of warranty.  (Read 4395 times)
10EC
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:07:36 EDT »

I can either a) get the latest greatest BB with Verizon or b) Get an iphone4 with AT&T.  I would love to have the iphone with Verizon, but verizon iphone does not work globally (CDMA only).

Help.... AT&T sucked when I had it years ago.  any better now?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:40:00 EDT »

At&t sucks. I'd get a global droid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:42:06 EDT »

At&t sucks. I'd get a global droid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I wish... not on the list of options...
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:03:39 EDT »

I wish... not on the list of options...

So they're okay with you switching carriers (to AT&T) and platforms (to iCrap) at the same time but not with you keeping the same carrier (Verizon) and a different platform (Android)? That doesn't make much sense to me. With the market share android phones have been reeling in I don't understand your company failing to support it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:39 EDT »

So they're okay with you switching carriers (to AT&T) and platforms (to iCrap) at the same time but not with you keeping the same carrier (Verizon) and a different platform (Android)? That doesn't make much sense to me. With the market share android phones have been reeling in I don't understand your company failing to support it.

Yes, that's dumb. The only thing that the company really has to support is email and Android and iPhone both use ActiveSync to sync to Exchange servers. Unless it's non-exchange and there is a specific reason that Android won't work, there is no reason to support iOS but not Android.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:30 EDT »

but not with you keeping the same carrier (Verizon)

I could keep verizon (and want to), but with my global travel, I need a phone that works with GSM (multiple countries).  Verizon iphone doesn't.  AT&T iphone does.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:40:22 EDT »

I could keep verizon (and want to), but with my global travel, I need a phone that works with GSM (multiple countries).  Verizon iphone doesn't.  AT&T iphone does.

What he's saying is that it's dumb that they will let you switch carriers to get a non-Blackberry device but not stay on the same carrier to get a non-Blackberry device.

10EC
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:35:19 EDT »

I just learned why they won't use droid.  The software is open source and not secure enough for them.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:59 EDT »

I just learned why they won't use droid.  The software is open source and not secure enough for them.

It is open source, but Apple is no more secure.

To each their own I guess.

Back to your original question... I haven't used a new Blackberry so I can't vouch but I would probably grudgingly go for the iPhone on AT&T if my work was paying.

I had heard rumors that Verizon would unlock the GSM chip on the iPhone 4S but my quick internet search says no.

Of course, it depends on what you need the phone for. If it's just email and text and phone and contacts and calendar, stick with Verizon and a new Blackberry. If the web and more smartphone savvy apps are more your thing, go for the iPhone.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:20:52 EDT »

If it's a work phone, who gives a shizzle?  Take what they give you and get your very own personal phone for yourself.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 01:28:00 EDT »

I have no problems with AT&T.  It has worked everywhere I have gone in US.  Worked in New England, Las Vegas, Hawaii, North and South Dakota.  I really do not have problems with it dropping out in Knox.  I have an IPhone and am not a power user and just do not use the web functions that much.  I have a computer and IPad for surfing.  I guess it is like everything else and depends how you use it and where you are at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: