VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 03:00:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 2217 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2011, 05:57:23 EDT »

QB - Worley came out hyped throwing high then settled into a bit of a flow.  He had a TD dropped.  Then I thought he pressed a bit.  The 2nd pick was just a flat bad decision.
RB - no running game observed
WR - Da'Rick's worst game, let a beautifully thrown ball go through his hands and cost us a 1st down late.  Arnett had a very good game, was getting open consistently.  He was perhaps the only receiver coming back for his QB at times.  He has the potential to be a really good receiver.  Zack caught a pass.  Dallas played, without any results.  Neal got more PT tonight.
OL - pass blocking was ok for the most part, run blocking non existent.  The Fr has a couple of breakdowns, some poor snaps (when the center didn't forget the snap count).

DL, played well for the most part, got good pressure on the QB in the first half
LB, played ok, some breakdowns, recovered a fumble, Sap got extended action in Maggitts place. 
DB, Prentice got a pick, wish he had scored.  Randolph forced a fumble and played well.  The secondary was not the problem tonight

Special teams, returns were good, punting ok, Palardy screwed up anothe onsides (really a pooch) kick - he puts the ball in play we most likely recover it
Coaching - We still have issues with alignment. 

Losing sucks

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:58:48 EDT »

QB - Worley came out hyped throwing high then settled into a bit of a flow.  He had a TD dropped.  Then I thought he pressed a bit.  The 2nd pick was just a flat bad decision.
RB - no running game observed
WR - Da'Rick's worst game, let a beautifully thrown ball go through his hands and cost us a 1st down late.  Arnett had a very good game, was getting open consistently.  He was perhaps the only receiver coming back for his QB at times.  He has the potential to be a really good receiver.  Zack caught a pass.  Dallas played, without any results.  Neal got more PT tonight.
OL - pass blocking was ok for the most part, run blocking non existent.  The Fr has a couple of breakdowns, some poor snaps (when the center didn't forget the snap count).

DL, played well for the most part, got good pressure on the QB in the first half
LB, played ok, some breakdowns, recovered a fumble, Sap got extended action in Maggitts place. 
DB, Prentice got a pick, wish he had scored.  Randolph forced a fumble and played well.  The secondary was not the problem tonight

Special teams, returns were good, punting ok, Palardy screwed up anothe onsides (really a pooch) kick - he puts the ball in play we most likely recover it
Coaching - We still have issues with alignment. 

Losing sucks
Simms still stares down his receivers and I called their 2nd TD, very obvious they wer spreading the field to run up the middle.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:49:37 EDT »

I called their 2nd TD, very obvious they wer spreading the field to run up the middle.

DID YOU LIKE THE NO FLAG ON THE SC TACKLE #78 BEAR HUGGING MALIK ON THAT TD..........................

Go Big Orange.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:51 EDT »

DID YOU LIKE THE NO FLAG ON THE SC TACKLE #78 BEAR HUGGING MALIK ON THAT TD..........................

South Carolina got away with A LOT of holding. I'm starting to think SEC officials have forgotten what a holding penalty is. Wish our linemen would try it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: