VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 06:44:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braves jettison some dead weight...  (Read 2372 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:56:20 EDT »

Even though they only got a minor league pitcher who will probably never see the show for him, and even though they have to pay most of his salary next year, dealing Derek Lowe is nothing but win.  Down the stretch last year, he was pretty much a guaranteed loss.  And this makes some room to move one of our many young arms into the rotation. 

They also declined their club option on Nate McClouth.  Anyone have a problem with that?  Didn't think so.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7174095/atlanta-braves-trade-derek-lowe-cleveland-indians

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:49:53 EDT »

Good moves. Lowe is done, I think. And McClouth never showed anything.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 02:24:48 EDT »

Even though they only got a minor league pitcher who will probably never see the show for him, and even though they have to pay most of his salary next year, dealing Derek Lowe is nothing but win.  Down the stretch last year, he was pretty much a guaranteed loss.  And this makes some room to move one of our many young arms into the rotation. 

They also declined their club option on Nate McClouth.  Anyone have a problem with that?  Didn't think so.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7174095/atlanta-braves-trade-derek-lowe-cleveland-indians

Addition by subtraction.  Fans seem to want to get rid of Jurrjens too and I can't say that I blame them.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:19:38 EDT »

Addition by subtraction.  Fans seem to want to get rid of Jurrjens too and I can't say that I blame them.

Moving Jurrjens is risky, IMO.  On one hand, I think he's capable of a CY season if he can stay healthy.  But there's a chance he'll NEVER be able to stay healthy- and if you're going to deal him, now would be the time to get max value for him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: