VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:49:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just watched our first couple of series from last Saturday  (Read 1549 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:25:54 EDT »

First play we run a trap with Anderson pulling, who does a nice job.  In fact, everyone on the OL and the FB does a nice job.  Who doesn't is Neal, who is motioning to the right, sees the corner crash in and doesn't make any effort to block him.  Guess who makes the tackle - yep, the corner.  If Neal just brushes him the play had the potential for a long gain right out of the box.

2nd play, I just noted how Anderson made a nice play on his first snap as a starter.  The good play didn't last long.  USCe was essentially in a 5 man line with #26 standing in the gpa between the RDE and RDT, or essentailly right in front of Anderson.  At the snap Anderson dowbles down to help block the RDT while #26 crashes in to make the tackle, though Fulton's lack of effective blocking would not have enabled a gain in any case.

3rd down, a 12 foot pass to a 6 foot receiver.

1st play after the recovered fumble we run a trap to the stong side with Fulton pulling.  Fulton gets humg up in the hole trying to block the LB and limits the gain - Nice block by the FB on #26

2nd play James is really line up in the backfield but nice pass blocking and a drop by the FB on a high but catchable ball

3rd play, I am convinced that Worley checked to the draw and nice blocking at the point of attack, followed by Poole making the first guy miss resulted in a 1st down

4th play, we run the trap to the left, strong side again with Fulton pulling.  The TE blocks Ingram 5 yards inside and the FB kicks out the LB #26 and then Fulton traps too far inside, right where the RDE after the block and RDT are, resulting in little or no gain

5th play, Worley is flushed out and throws to Arnett who is not open while the TE is coming free in the bak of the endzone (nice adjustment by the TE)

6th play, Da'Rick was open (nice inside release) but the pass was too high by about 3 feet

The two series encapsolate why the running game is so inconsistent. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:10:24 EDT »

The one that had me screaming was the 4th down by Worley.  Out tailback just stood behind and watched Worley struggling trying to make 6 inches.  Comon man!  Stick you head and shoulders in there and move the pile 6 lousy inches.  That play absolutely killed me.  Watch the bama game and see how many times the bama RB was stopped cold just to have one or two bama players slam into the pile and start it moving forward 1, 2, 3, or more yards.  I'm not sure who the back was on our play but he needs a good chewing out for that none effort on such a critical down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: