VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:20:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did they give up on Neal at running back. That seemed premature  (Read 2768 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: November 06, 2011, 01:51:53 EDT »

to me.  Put him back at RB! 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:57:09 EDT »

Passed in the preseason by Lane and they needed another body at slot.

Toney looks much better than Poole right now.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:57:27 EDT »

I thought they did a long time ago.  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:30:22 EST »

He had a few carries tonight.  My take is, it can't hurt.  The other guys have pretty much suxed.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:59:40 EST »

Because he fumbles when in traffic.  At WR, he will rarely get hit by more that a couple of DBs and occasionally a LB.  Maybe he has overcome his fumblituos, but I think not.  He really looks like he is rounding into a good receiver and is likely at his best position.  JMO
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 10:41:01 EST »

Because he fumbles when in traffic.  At WR, he will rarely get hit by more that a couple of DBs and occasionally a LB.  Maybe he has overcome his fumblituos, but I think not.  He really looks like he is rounding into a good receiver and is likely at his best position.  JMO

Fumbling is IMO something that can be overcome.  It simply has to do with how the ball is carried.  In fact, in terms of this season he only fumbled twice against, who, Georgia?  And now has hardly touched the ball on runs.

I was a strong believer that he should have sat the rest of that game, and he did.  But for crying out loud you can coach him up after that, or I hope so.  My philosophy on fumbles is largely based on a game we played in Starkville in 1994.  Aaron Hayden fumbled FOUR TIMES!        Yes, FOUR TIMES.  What the hell were our coaches thinking after the first two?  And to top it off, our other TB was James Stewart...we didn't even really NEED Hayden.   But I don't think Hayden struggled much with fumbles after that game and he continued to be very productive.  So....teach Rajion how to hold the ball and put him back in!  This ain't rocket science....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: