VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 01:44:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kentucky is not a given  (Read 5697 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:54:40 EST »

I didn't see anything tonight that makes me think we will win another game this season.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:46 EST »

I didn't see anything tonight that makes me think we will win another game this season.

I was feeling pretty good at the half, but to not even get so much as a field goal in the 2nd half?  Not good.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:07:01 EST »

You didn't look at the other side of the ball? Defensively we just shut put an offensive football team that is a lot better than UK.

I'm not a sunshine pumper but things aren't absolute either way.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:10:08 EST »

Whatever

We win at least six games
I saw a lot of progress by a lot of players tonight, not the least of which was Worley.  Yeah the oponent was MTSU but I was looking at things you apparently don't look for.  He ran the offense tonight.  There was one TO called by the sideline that I'm not sure why it was called.  He got the call, and the team to the line effeciently.  He made good throws, including two that should have been cathes but were not.  I saw one bad decision.  He checked out of plays a couple of times.  Also, he was providing feedback to the QB coach when he came off the field.  That was good to see.  He makes fast decisions, even too fast sometimes.  He was throttled back in the 2nd half as we committed to working the run game. 

We saw everyone involved in the passing game, something we haven't seen all year.  We actually saw an OL make a block on a screen pass.

On defense, before we started playing people beyond the 2 deep, played very, very well.  Evans had a very good game.  If he can keep that level of play it will help us a lot, especially next week.  AJ had another good game.  Maggitt still seemed to be hurting but was still in on some plays.  DL got good pressure on a team that is supposed to get the ball out quick.

The running game still suxes.  Something Lane and 31 were doing was getting yards after contact, something Poole hasn't done all year. 

Darr was consistent in punting the ball.  Kick coverage continued to be very good. 

We cut down on the penalties tonight, that will help us considerably if we can keep the discipline up.

The only team left that concerns me relative to defense is Arkansas.  The other two teams we can control on defense.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 05:27:22 EST »

Whatever

We win at least six games

So you think we beat vandy?  I am not so sure.  But if Bray is back, maybe by two TDs.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 11:42:42 EST »

UK is terrible and won't score much on our defense. Besides....we kinda have their number.

Arkansas will beat us, and the Vandy game will be tough. But we will beat UK

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 03:34:42 EST »

We will beat Kentucky.  Period, dot.

Of course, overconfidence is always a  danger, so stay scared.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 03:36:23 EST »

That's only "overconfidence" in the same sense that I'm overconfident the sun will come up tomorrow.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 04:27:08 EST »

We beat Kentucky, it is what we do

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 04:55:15 EST »

You didn't look at the other side of the ball? Defensively we just shut put an offensive football team that is a lot better than UK.

I'm not a sunshine pumper but things aren't absolute either way.

Yeah but, MTSU had a couple of starters out on the OL plus their starting RB was out, despite that, we still didn't get a single sack.  I watched some of the KY game yesterday and their new QB didn't look bad. A lot better passer than Newton. You don't have to have Peyton Manning back there if the D is giving you all day to throw. 
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08:43 EST »

You do realize Kentucky was playing Ole Miss. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 10:35:42 EST »

That's only "overconfidence" in the same sense that I'm overconfident the sun will come up tomorrow.

Like the sun was supposed to come up when we played Memphis in 1996? 

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 03:20:06 EST »

Like the sun was supposed to come up when we played Memphis in 1996? 

HIS ELBOW HIT THE GROUND....HE WAS DOWN!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 04:42:28 EST »

HIS ELBOW HIT THE GROUND....HE WAS DOWN!!!

I know, I know.

Most people forget that they almost beat us in 1999 in KNOXVILLE, and save for a miracle pass by Tee Martin near the end, they would have.  I was listening to the game on a static-filled AM radio in my car from a station in Nashville while attending Purdue in West Lafayette.  My best friend from college, a huge Vol fan, called me from the West Coast in a panic and informed me he had seen a score on ESPN showing UT trailing in the 4th.  I took my remote phone to the car (one of those wireless phones with a base in my apartment....I didn't even have a cell phone back then), found the station in Nashville, and narrated the last couple of minutes to him on the phone from the parking lot of my apartments.   Fun stuff!   But yeah, they almost did beat us.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 03:43:05 EST »

I think Tennessee beats UK but loses to Arkansas and Vanderbilt

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: