VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 06:24:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do WE not have a pitch back, or toss sweep play in our  (Read 2647 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: November 06, 2011, 04:20:32 EST »

arsenal of run plays?    Seriously, I have been curious for a long time!   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 04:26:41 EST »

arsenal of run plays?    Seriously, I have been curious for a long time!   
We've run both front side and back side toss sweeps all year

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 04:32:11 EST »

Well I must have missed them.  Oh well.  In general, I like it as a run play, and would like to see more of it.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:08:40 EST »

You may have missed them because they were so poorly executed.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 05:12:43 EST »

If you don't block, you end up with a 5 yard loss.  Our OL needs to toughen up.  It has been the biggest disappointment of the year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 05:20:16 EST »

If you don't block, you end up with a 5 yard loss.  Our OL needs to toughen up.  It has been the biggest disappointment of the year.

There are some comments by Chad Clifton below, which, in spite of a host of grammatical errors and just plain bad English (   didn't Tutorgate happen when he was active, lol!) which I am going to attribute to the fact that he probably wrote the blog on his Iphone (yeah, that's the ticket!), seem to be saying that our offensive staff simply does not scheme for "tough run blocking".

I think I have to agree.  The line does not seem to have that killer mentality.  Running plays often look uninspired.  I think to be successful running the ball you have to work not only on the plays but on the attitude.  Coaches and team leaders have to instill the attitude that we can and will run the ball. I am only a fan, but I just don't seem to see that swagger in our team.
Also, Chaney never had much of a run game at Purdue either.  IMO Dooley should work with Chaney, the line coach and the RB coach to instill more of a run game.  If he can manage to think about that in between writing jokes, it might be nice.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: