VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 06:03:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncontrolable crying here in bamaland!  (Read 13591 times)
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 04:41:19 EST »

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:05:15 EST »

Priceless!   

G.         
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:07:18 EST »

Thank God.

Begining of the end for them IMO.  Richardson and most of their D gone next year.  Plus they will get caught cheating again.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:25:58 EST »

Begining of the end for them IMO.  Richardson and most of their D gone next year.  Plus they will get caught cheating again.   

Yeah right. As long as Saban is there, they will be in contention for the NC nearly every year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:31:59 EST »

Yeah right. As long as Saban is there, they will be in contention for the NC nearly every year.

Hey, I'm on a roll!  Don't interupt me.

Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  But I sense a tiredness in Saban. No one, absolutely no one, stays on top forever in this business.  Not Paterno, not Bowden, not Fulmer, not Osbourne, not Meyer and IMO not Saban either.

I have no doubt they will average 10-wins seasons for the foreseeable future.  But "NC nearly every year".?  Fagedaboutit.  The rest of the SEC won't stay down forever.  Petrino seems to building well at Arkansas, and even Richt may have turned a corner.  We won't stay down forever, or at least I hope not.

And frankly, if bammer keeps finishing first or second in recruiting EVERY DAM YEAR, the NCAA will absolutely crush them.  NO ONE is that good a recruiter, and they have had 3-4 brushes already.   Period, dot.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 11:12:09 EST »

Hey, I'm on a roll!  Don't interupt me.

Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  But I sense a tiredness in Saban. No one, absolutely no one, stays on top forever in this business.  Not Paterno, not Bowden, not Fulmer, not Osbourne, not Meyer and IMO not Saban either.

I have no doubt they will average 10-wins seasons for the foreseeable future.  But "NC nearly every year".?  Fagedaboutit.  The rest of the SEC won't stay down forever.  Petrino seems to building well at Arkansas, and even Richt may have turned a corner.  We won't stay down forever, or at leuast I hope not.
U
And frankly, if bammer keeps finishing first or second in recruiting EVERY DAM YEAR, the NCAA will absolutely crush them.  NO ONE is that good a recruiter, and they have had 3-4 brushes already.   Period, dot.

I hope you are correct, Kemosabe!       

G
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:22 EST »

Disappointing, but no crying. Bama and LSU played a great game that went all the way down to the very end, and OT had to decide it. Give the Bengal Tigers credit for the win, and both teams for playing so hard and leaving everything on the field.

They made SEC history for the first 1 vs. 2 match ever in this conference in the regular season, (Bama and UF did it in post season) and they looked like the first and second teams in the nation.

BTW, while recruiting is going well, Saban is tired, and woe is us.

BG

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:20:59 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 03:03:21 EST »

Disappointing, but no crying. Bama and LSU played a great game that went all the way down to the very end, and OT had to decide it. Give the Bengal Tigers credit for the win, and both teams for playing so hard and leaving everything on the field.

They made SEC history for the first 1 vs. 2 match ever in this conference in the regular season, (Bama and UF did it in post season) and they looked like the first and second teams in the nation.

BTW, so sorry to add we are still going to have another great recruiting year, and already have one commitment from what most services say will be a top 5 player, and reportedly lead for the top player in the country next year. Woe is us...........

BG

Every time I convince myself that I really like Saban, one of those freakin Alabama fans shows up.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 05:17:49 EST »

BTW, sorry to add we are still going to have another great recruiting year, and already have one commitment from what most services say will be a top 5 player next season, and reportedly lead for the top player in the country next year. But Saban is tired , so woe is us.
BG

Yes, and next year you stand to lose a lot of that NFL defense you have.  Richardson is probably gone, and Mccarron finally got exposed last night.  Both your starting WRs will be gone also.  I just don't see your team being this good next year, but ICBW.

Don't read too much into the "Saban is tired" comment.  I only meant he looked tired at the end of the game, when you somehow allowed 12 men on the field in the critical OT period.  I would not blame him if he was tired.  He must have used a combination of gum, sticks, and mirrors to hold together your passing attack. 

As for your recruiting, good luck keeping it at the level it's at.   When something seems to good to be true, it usually is.  I could actually say quite a bit more about that, but I will let it go at that.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 03:30:38 EST »

I was rooting for LSU,I'm glad the Bammers are crying!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 09:08:59 EST »

Yes, and next year you stand to lose a lot of that NFL defense you have.  Richardson is probably gone, and Mccarron finally got exposed last night.  Both your starting WRs will be gone also.  I just don't see your team being this good next year, but ICBW.

Don't read too much into the "Saban is tired" comment.  I only meant he looked tired at the end of the game, when you somehow allowed 12 men on the field in the critical OT period.  I would not blame him if he was tired.  He must have used a combination of gum, sticks, and mirrors to hold together your passing attack.  

As for your recruiting, good luck keeping it at the level it's at.   When something seems to good to be true, it usually is.  I could actually say quite a bit more about that, but I will let it go at that.

Yes, I agree that's what you meant about Saban being "tired." That's exactly what you meant! Also, thanks a ton for admitting that we have a ***NFL*** type of defense. I know it's hard for rival fans to admit that, so thanks for coming clean on the facts. You said there was more to add about the Crimson Tide's recruiting, and I guess you're really on top of the facts in that area too. Well, I'll go ahead and mention what I'm sure you were going to add. Yes, Bama is having another great year recruiting, and off to a great start for next year with a potential top 5 player in the country already committed out of GA, and are reportedly leading for the projected no. 1 national recruit also out of Ga. Thanks again for your honesty!

BG
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:17:08 EST by BGHarper » Logged
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 09:23:36 EST »

Yes, I agree that's what you meant about Saban being "tired." That's exactly what you meant! Also, thanks a ton for admitting that we have a ***NFL*** type of defense. I know it's hard for rival fans to admit that, so thanks for coming clean on the facts. You said there was more to add about the Crimson Tide's recruiting, and I guess you're really on top of the facts in that area too. Well, I'll go ahead and mention what I'm sure you were going to add. Yes, Bama is having another great year recruiting, and off to a great start for next year with a potential top 5 player in the country already committed out of GA, and are reportedly leading for the projected no. 1 national recruit also out of Ga. Thanks again for your honesty!

BG
I think Y'all will wind up playing Oklahoma while LSU plays Boise State

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:28:43 EST »

I think Y'all will wind up playing Oklahoma while LSU plays Boise State

If Stanford wins out, their sos may boost them into the title game against LSU regardless of what OSU does. Not that I think they should, but it could very well play out that way.  I don't see Boise in the championship game.

OU and Bama sounds like a good one.

BG
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 09:33:10 EST »

If Stanford wins out, their sos may boost them into the title game against LSU regardless of what OSU does. Not that I think they should, but it could very well play out that way.  I don't see Boise in the championship game.

OU and Bama sounds like a good one.

BG

I'd be tempted to pick Stanford against LSU! I think Luck would torch LSU's secondary,LSU hasn't played a qb like Him

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:50:27 EST »

BG

I know something about textbooks, fishing expeditions, comps in stores, and Yukons and that's only the public stuff.  Lots of smoke...sooner or later a fire.  

And whatever I meant by Saban being tired, he won't stay on top forever.  I was on the Mudlizard a couple years ago telling them they would not win MNCs every couple of years.  They laughed.  So yuk it up buddy, nothing lasts forever in this world.    

Let me add, that it's tough, really tough, for these guys to stay on top all the time.  No other really good coach of the last 30 years has managed it, although Osbourne had the sense to quit while he was on top.  Saban somehow snuck by with a subpar offense this year, masked by his stellar D. Much of that D will probably leave early along with Richardson and both your starting WRs and you won't really have much of an answer next year.  Probably another 9-3 year, possibly 10-2, but really you needed to use those talented D players this year and ya blew it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:55:51 EST by BanditVol » Logged

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 04:09:06 EST »

I know something about textbooks, fishing expeditions, comps in stores, and Yukons and that's only the public stuff.  Lots of smoke...sooner or later a fire.  

And whatever I meant by Saban being tired, he won't stay on top forever.  I was on the Mudlizard a couple years ago telling them they would not win MNCs every couple of years.  They laughed.  So yuk it up buddy, nothing lasts forever in this world.    

Let me add, that it's tough, really tough, for these guys to stay on top all the time.  No other really good coach of the last 30 years has managed it, although Osbourne had the sense to quit while he was on top.  Saban somehow snuck by with a subpar offense this year, masked by his stellar D. Much of that D will probably leave early along with Richardson and both your starting WRs and you won't really have much of an answer next year.  Probably another 9-3 year, possibly 10-2, but really you needed to use those talented D players this year and ya blew it.

First off, let me admit the obvious: You know much more about Alabama football than I. That being said, Nick Saban may be tired but I don't have the talent you have to deduce this as you do. This is an inherent ability that apparently only such gifted individuals as yourself have at their disposal.   

You have schooled me and I now know major sanctions are headed to T-town, Nick is tired, and that I somehow blew it this year ( "ya blew it") and caused Bama to lose to LSU even while we had an NFL defense playing for us. I personally feel very responsible for the loss, and will do as you admirably advised me to do. Truth be told, I think the idea is not original to you, but one you got from Friedrich Nietzsche. And that is to, "Yuk It Up Now, While You Still Can!!!"

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:05 EST »

First off, let me admit the obvious: You know much more about Alabama football than I. That being said, Nick Saban may be tired but I don't have the talent you have to deduce this as you do. This is an inherent ability that apparently only such gifted individuals as yourself have at their disposal.   

You have schooled me and I now know major sanctions are headed to T-town, Nick is tired, and that I somehow blew it this year ( "ya blew it") and caused Bama to lose to LSU even while we had an NFL defense playing for us. I personally feel very responsible for the loss, and will do as you admirably advised me to do. Truth be told, I think the idea is not original to you, but one you got from Friedrich Nietzsche. And that is to, "Yuk It Up Now, While You Still Can!!!"

BG

Well I meant your TEAM blew it, not you personally. 

Glad I was able to school you!  Just one of the many services I provide.

But...Fredrich Nietzche?  Dude...getting pretty deep in here.   

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 07:25:10 EST »

Well I meant your TEAM blew it, not you personally. 

Glad I was able to school you!  Just one of the many services I provide.

But...Fredrich Nietzche?  Dude...getting pretty deep in here.   

Nietzche??? Well, I thought ya might like that one!

BG
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 07:53:57 EST »

Nietzche??? Well, I thought ya might like that one!

BG

Come now we aint from Alabama man!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 08:46:11 EST »

Come now we aint from Alabama man!!!!

You ***aint***??? 

BG
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 09:50:37 EST »

You ***aint***??? 

BG
\

taint so......   

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Quasi EVol
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 10:33:05 EST »

Disappointing, but no crying....

LSUFreek's take on the game....

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 10:54:16 EST »

As in Freaks video! There were grown men shown crying in the stands! I have heard nothing but "LSU cheats" all week! 

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:21 EST »

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 04:56:30 EST »

LSUFreek's take on the game....

Quasi, while this loss stung, Freek is brilliant! I've been on Rivals for years (and now 247, also), and have gone to the Mainboard on Rivals for many moons just to see an update of Freek's lastest work. Gawd, he's good!

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: