VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 08:26:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Tennessee fans out there  (Read 4861 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:36:39 EST »

Are Y'all as interested in Basketball,Men's and Women's,as Football? I figure this would be an interesting question since football season is winding down and Basketball is starting up. I don't really start following basketball until after Football Bowl season is over.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:42:17 EST »

I've always been a big men's basketball fan, and try to be a good women's fan.  I remain hopeful Coach Martin can & will do a nice job.  That said the east is loaded this year, and I happen to live in KY.    I guess they got it going on again...  oh well. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:44:12 EST »

I've always been a big men's basketball fan, and try to be a good women's fan.  I remain hopeful Coach Martin can & will do a nice job.  That said the east is loaded this year, and I happen to live in KY.   I guess they got it going on again...  oh well.  

I like what I've seen an heard from Coach Martin. I think He's a class Guy who will do things the right way. My Wife and Inlaws are all huge UK fans and make Me being a Vol fan real hell
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:50:53 EST by ChatsworthVol » Logged

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:49:10 EST »

I sure hope so.  I also hope he lands Jarnell Stokes.  Otherwise, the natives will give up quickly because his recruits don't have the star factor.  Actually, I thought he did a real nice job landing Josh Richardson last year after Ware bolted.  I don't know if we have any schollies left for 2012, but if we do, I sure as hell hope rivals gives him 150 stars!   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:57 EST »

If Hall will develop, and Miller, too, I think we have a chance to be decent this year.  That said, the east is loaded!  Maymon is going to be a leader, and was a big time recruit coming out of high school.   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:54:41 EST »

fizzle uk 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:09:29 EST »

fizzle uk 

The top two teams that I hate are Kentucky and Georgia

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 01:10:50 EST »

I went to UT during the Ernie and Bernie years. Pearl fired me up as I've always been a fan.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36:54 EST »

I'm a Pat Summitt fan, but aside from that not such a fan of the women's game. I hope they win every game, obviously, and always watch the big ones and the tournament games...and always will. But when Pat hangs it up, I'm afraid my interest will wane.

I'm just as big a fan of men's basketball as football, but it's two totally different things. I get much more strung out with football. Basketball is much more relaxing. Once you get by the general atmosphere of a football Saturday on the hill, I'd rather attend basketball games than football games in a lot of ways. A bucket of popcorn and a tall diet Coke and a Wednesday evening in TBA is good stuff. (It would be even better if they'd turn that damned Kiss Cam off.)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 03:01:47 EST »

I'm a Pat Summitt fan, but aside from that not such a fan of the women's game. I hope they win every game, obviously, and always watch the big ones and the tournament games...and always will. But when Pat hangs it up, I'm afraid my interest will wane.

I'm just as big a fan of men's basketball as football, but it's two totally different things. I get much more strung out with football. Basketball is much more relaxing. Once you get by the general atmosphere of a football Saturday on the hill, I'd rather attend basketball games than football games in a lot of ways. A bucket of popcorn and a tall diet Coke and a Wednesday evening in TBA is good stuff. (It would be even better if they'd turn that damned Kiss Cam off.)

+1
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 03:19:32 EST »

I stopped attending LV games a long time ago, because of a certain anti-male element in the crowd.  The last straw for me came in 1999, when Fulmer and the football team were honored oncourt during a game, and a large segment of the crowd actually booed.  And keep in mind, they were coming off a NC at the time.  There are some LV "fans" who view any success on the other side of the athletic department as a threat.  I truly don't understand it, and I decided to removed myself from that situation before I said or did something that would get me thrown out. 

Even so, I still keep up and pull for the Lady Vols.  And given Pat's situation this year, I'm probably going to end my embargo and go back to some games.  Given the black cloud that has hovered over UT athletics lately, I can't imagine a better story than Pat winning #9 this season.  I think it could happen, and I want to be there to see it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: